•There's A Thin Line Between Love And Hate.•

I walk around my house aimlessly. Pops is gone, as he has been lately. Always out and about and never telling me where or with who. I care for my granddad.

I enter the kitchen when I hear a light knock on my door. Then it becomes more frantic.

"Harry?" I ask, opening the door. He looks terrible, hands bloodied, hair messed, and eyes filled with sadness and confusion.

I pull him in quickly. "Harry, what's the matter? What happened to you?"

He only shakes his head and seats himself on the couch. Days like these are the worst. He completely shuts down and won't tell me what's going on.

And its also days like this where I wish I could take him away from the drama from his home. He doesn't deserve this; he's a good boy.

I go to the linen  pantry, pulling out a small washcloth. I wet it in cool water and give it to him. He presses it to his face and I know this is time for him to be alone, to cry.

Just as I walk back to the kitchen, another knock is received. I answer the door to Zayn. My heart almost skips a beat.

I freeze in the doorway, unable to speak, move, or think. Its when he pushes past me I gain everything back.

"Well aren't you gonna let me in?"

I push him back. "No, you can't. I have a guest."

He chuckles. "Well I guess I can join the party,"

Due to his impeccable strength, he pushes my defiant being aside, and stops in his tracks. Harry sits up with a worried look on his face. Zayn turns to me with a smile.

"You're fucking Harry? I knew it!" he laughs. Harry and I both gasp. "What? No! Harry and I are best friends!" I exclaim.

Zayn scoffs. "Yeah right,"

I tell Harry to go up to my room and rest. He doesn't need this. And neither do I. Time to get rid of an unwanted pest.

"I would have never guessed. Mila and Harry fuck buddies," he mumbles. He goes through my cabinets, looking for food I assume.

"Shut up. We are not, you fucktard." I snap. He chuckles and swiftly turns around, pinning me to the wall.

"Good, cause I'd have you in a matter of minutes." Zayn whispers. My body battles my brain and it soon loses, giving in to the sweet scent of his body and charming of his looks.

"Jealous much?" I tease. He chuckles. "Damn right,"

I get close to his ear, wanting him to hear everything I say. "I hate you,"

He chuckles once more. "There's a thin line between love and hate, Mila,"

He kisses the corner of my mouth ever so lightly. "And it looks like you're tight roping it,"

He looks me in the eyes. So close, he is, I can smell the faint cigarettes and mint flavored gum on his breath.

"I know you hate me, but love is strong as hate.. And I'm gonna fight until the day I die if that's what it takes."

He begins tocwalk away and I try desperately to find my voice.

"I don't hate you,"

He turns slightly so that I can see the side of his face.

"Yeah?"

I nod. "Yeah.. Maybe I don't know how I feel,"

He turns completely towards me. His head is slightly lowered and cocked to the side with a slight smile.

"Maybe you're afraid of commitment. Don't be, I'm not gonna hurt you."

I swallow. Every emotion floods my body. I don't know if I can trust him but right now he sounds so sincere and I just need closure about it.

I lower my head, playing with the seam of my shirt. Why is this happening to me?

"Luna please, let me in.."

I look into his hazel eyes that are now in front of me. He called me Luna and only Pops calls me that. And by him calling me that shows a sign of desperation in him. Something I've never seen.

He cups my face, closing in on me. "Please," he begs.

I nod slightly. My voice is almost completely gone and is soft as a feathers whisper. "Okay,"

Before I can comprehend what's happened, Zayn's lips are on mine. They move in slight desperation and in need of something he can't find. Something that keeps him from falling apart.

He pulls away slightly. "Mila Luna Banks, I love you. And I've been in love with you since the 9th grade."

I frown. "Please, don't say that."

He looks surprised at what I said. And I feel the same exact way. Do I really have commitment and trust issues? Maybe. I've had previous boyfriends and none of them really affected me except for my last relationship. Everything I gave him he ripped to shreds because of his own fear. And it hurt so bad.

"Mila,"

I look to him. His eyes are pleading for understanding.

"I love you. Please don't say anything else. You don't have to say it back; I won't force you."

I sigh. "Okay,"

He moves strands of hair out of my face and tuck them behind my ear. He kisses my forehead gently before striding off towards the door.

I let him leave as I lean against the wall. I wonder how Harry hasn't been down here. Maybe he was listening to the whole thing!! Oh my- that would just be plain awkward.

The doorbell rings and I answer the door to absolutely no one. But I do see something. A rose with a note attached. I pick it up and read it:

There is a thin line between love and hate. And time vanishes it and you'll fall into either side. Which side will you choose?

I look up and see Zaynat the entrance of the cul de sac. I look at the note once more but before I could say anything to him, he's gone.

I go in the house and trudge up the stairs. My feet feel as if they're made of lead when I get into my room. Harry sits up and turns the television off.

"What was that about?" he asks.

I show him the rose. "Long story,"

×××

Woot! I think this may be my favorite chapter by far!! What's gonna happen next? You'll have to find out if you choose to keep reading. Vote it, comment it, love it!! I'd love positive and constructive feedback!!
—jojo xoxo