Chapter 8-Sophie POV

Yes, guys, I know Flashback is missing. AND GUYS! LEGACY JUST CAME OUT AND OMG ITS SO GOOD! GUYS, I READ AHEAD AND FOUND OUT WHO IS SOPHIE'S BIOLOGICAL MOTHER. SORRY THOUGH, NO SPOILERS. 

Edit: Again, excuse my overexcited self loll XDD

"Fintan." Sophie snarls behind Fintan's hand. He chuckles, though not for a long moment. 

Sophie bites down on his hand as hard as she can. Fintan screeches, pulling his hand back and Sophie takes off running through the flames, moving towards the window. She barely makes it a couple steps before she thrown backwards again. Yelping with surprise, Sophie falls onto the ground with a loud thud, the air leaving her lungs in one large breath. Fintan stand above her, grabbing her by the hair and pulling her away from the window. 

Sophie grabs his wrist, clawing at his skin and thrashing as much as she can, but Fintan's grip doesn't loosen. Even when she's clawed his skin so much it starts to bleed he doesn't move. 

The window disappears in a mouth of flames and Sophie begins to panic, more now then she was before. 

No. Stay calm. 

She knows she won't be able to think straight if her mind is fogged with worry. 

Okay..

Sophie sucks in a smoky breath, closing her eyes and gathering her concentration. She focuses on all her anger, irritation and frustration these people have cause her, adding in her grief and sadness as well. Sophie open her eyes, the edges of her vision rimming with purple, and glance to Fintan, inflicting straight to his forehead. 

She watches the stream of emotion fly through the air, fly , fly, fly...

...then fade as if they were never there. Fade inches away from hitting Fintan's head. 

What?

She glances up and notices the  inflicting blocker on his head. She snarls in anger. 

Of course. 

Fintan stops walking, pulling her onto her feet by her hair, then grab her arm, burning the skin. Sophie bites her lip so hard it draws blood. 

But she refuses to scream. 

She refuses to be as weak as she'd been when Fintan had kidnapped her before. 

She's changed since then. 

"Being all tough, now, are we?" Fintan breathes, grinning sickly. He grabs her other arm. Sophie's knees almost buckle with the pain, but she manages to stay upright... somehow. 

Fintan grins even further, grabbing her neck next. Her eyes water with the pain, her legs tremble, but she does not scream. 

but then he grabs her face...

and she can't keep it in anymore. A loud scream falls from her lips and she squeezes her eyes shut. Fintan laughs, grabbing her arm again and reaching into his pocket with the other. 

"Not as tough as we'd like to be, eh Moonlark?"

Sophie doesn't respond, thrashing against Fintan's hold, but she can't seem to find the strength to fully break free. 

"Ah ha. Here you are."

Fintan holds up something Sophie can hardly see through her watering eyes. He closes his fingers around, smirks, then smacks his hand against her arm again. 

Sophie can't hold back her scream. 

She doesn't even have time to try. 

The pain she feels is more excruciating then she's anything she's ever felt before. It's like the fire has traveled inside her body, searing her insides to ashes. Every bone in her body shudders with pain and something is digging into her burning skin. Something that seems to electrocute her body, making the pain that much worse.