Chapter 13-Sophie POV

"Wait, you're serious?" Sophie gaped at Mr. Forkle, hardly believing her ears. "We're actually going through with the plan?" 

She was sitting in the common room of the girl's cabin with her friends and the entire Collective. The goblins weren't there; they were busily planning an escape plan, though Sophie wasn't sure if they'd need it. Sure she and Tam would be drifting into unknown waters, but.... they were two of the most powerful elves in the Lost Cities. Sophie was sure that if they ran into any danger at all, she and Tam would be able to ward them off. Though.... it isn't bad to have a backup plan. Who knows, it may come in handy.  

"Yes," Forkle said, rubbing the worry creases in his ruckleberry skin. He looked older than ever before, his dark eyes ancient and knowing, his hair greying as the months go by. He also looked more unkempt than usual, though, Sophie was pretty sure all of them looked like that, though Biana found a way to pull off her messy braid and skin-tight black clothes. Sophie could swear Biana was looking more like a battle warrior by the second. "But you and Mr. Tam are going to have to be very careful. It took a lot of convincing to get your goblin bodyguards to let you do this." He handed Tam a large, sparkly purple leaping crystal. "Keep in mind that you are doing this alone. You have no bodyguards. No one to help you but each  other." 

"Yeah, yeah we know," Tam said, his knuckles turning white as his grip tightened around the crystal. "So are we going to quiet stalling.... or what?" He glanced around the room, his silver eyes flashing. 

"What if... I went with you guys?" Biana whispers, not meeting anyone's gaze. "I'm a Vanisher, I could sneak ahead and-"

"No way." Surprisingly, the comment came from Tam, not Forkle. The group exchanged surprised looks, but no one said anything as Biana raised her eyes, meeting Tam's flashy stare. They seemed to be having an epic staredown until Sophie noticed Tam's shadow crossing Biana's. Fitz looked just as confused, his teal eyes flickering to Tam from Biana, then resting on Sophie. She shrugged and he rolled his eyes, plopping down on the bean bag chairs and crossing his arms over his chest.

Biana let out an irritated sigh before she nodded, "Nevermind then." And sat back, her gaze not leaving Tam' even though he'd brought his shadow back. 

"Please be careful," Linh whispered to him, breaking the awkward silence. Tam gave her a weak smile, 

"I'll be fine. Plus, I'm with the girl who has five abilities so...."

Sophie rolled her eyes, "Let's go. The sooner we get this done, the better." 

Tam nodded and the group circle widened, giving Sophie and Tam enough room to squeeze in the middle and hold the crystal up to the light. She glanced around the room, letting her friend's faces fill her mind before she left them. She wasn't sure if she'd be caught, but Sophie did know that if they were, she would make sure Tam got back. The Neverseen need him too much. She can't let them control him again. Sophie's gaze lingered a while in Fitz before she met a pair of ice-blue eyes full of worry and concern. 

"Be safe." Keefe mouthed to her before the warm light whisked her away.