Chapter 4

Later on, Soobin had shown Taehyung to his room.  As he spoke, Taehyung began to look around the room's different photographs:

-A picture of him and Yeonjun as young boys, each in a doggy carrying cage, being held by their father.

-Yeonjun and Taehyung as boys, proudly sitting on the lap of a bound and gagged Santa.

"You must be exhausted" Soobin said as he opened Taehyung's trunk and went through it.

"No... um... that's all right...you don't have to..." He mumbled, alarmed of what he could find in the trunk.

Soobin began to remove Taehyung's burglary equipment from the trunk "A crowbar... dynamite... cyanide...Taehyung.  As if we'd run out" He told him as he left "Good night" he said, and exited the room.

Taehyung examined two photographs in a hand tooled leather frame on the bureau.  Imprinted on the left was the face of a beautiful girl named Flora, and on the right the face of another beautiful girl named Fauna, clearly identical twins.

He then sat on the edge of the bed, a cloud of dust billows around him.  Yawning, he lied down, sinking into the mattress so deeply that he was almost buried alive, and while getting comfortable, he burrowed deeper.Just when he had closed his eyes, he heard the creak of his door opening.

"Who's there?" He asked, seeing a shadow, huge on the wall...a sinister hand with wriggling fingers.

Taehyung went for the knife he kept in his boot, which was next to the bed, when the door slammed and the window exploded open. There was a vague flickering from one of the candles in his room, and as he seized it to nurse the flame, he saw Thing, sitting on one of his legs.

Taehyung jumped with fear, pushing against the backboard.  He shook his leg, violently throwing Thing off as he screamed.

At the same time, in Soobin and Yeonjun's bedroom, they were both snuggled in bed, in the afterglow of  their celebration, Soobin's head resting dreamily on his shoulder while Yeonjun enjoyed a post-coital cigar, both hearing Taehyung's screams from down the hall.

"My own dear brother...I've got goosebumps" Yeonjun said

"I know" Soobin replied flirtatiously

"Screams in the night, it can only mean one thing" Yeonjun said as they waited for another scream, which they heard shortly.

"He's home" Soobin said smiling

The next morning, obviously moved, Yeonjun stood in Taehyung's room, watching        him sleep while Thing snoozed on Taehyung's chest like a kitty cat. Yeonjun gently lifted him and tucked him into the pocket of his smoking jacket, and Taehyung, instantly awake and certain that Yeonjun was about to attack him, leapt from the bed, jumped Yeonjun and pinned him to the floor.

"Breakfast?" Yeonjun asked smiling, before judo flipping him off his chest and stand on his feet "Damn it's good to have you back! Let's go!" He lead the way out cheerfully.

The family ate breakfast in the subterranean kitchen, only Huening Kai missing. Smoke crawled along the floor as Jin worked at a stove that was a coal burning monstrosity, in it various unidentifiable somethings sizzling. Throughout, Jin flipped these offals onto family members' plates. Soobin sat Taehyung between Yeonjun and himself.

"May I have the salt?" Taehyun asked

"What do we say?" Soobin asked back

"Now" Taehyun replied dutifully, to which Soobin smiled approvingly and passed him the salt