Chapter 8

Soobin and Taehyung appeared at the door to the ballroom.

"Everyone, your attention please" Soobin said, making the music stop and the guests fall silent. "When he was lost, our family grieved. Now he is found, and our celebration begins. Our treasured guest of honor, Taehyung Addams.

He took him by the hand as if to lead him toward the assembled guests , but instead he abruptly spun him by the arm, sending him whirling like a top into the center of the dance floor, where he suddenly stops, nose to nose with Yeonjun, who was now dressed like a Hollywood Cossack and carried five gleaming scimitars, while Soobin, Jin, and all the Addams rapped out a stirring martial beat on tambourines.

"The Mamushka!" Yeonjun exclaimed as he began to circle around Taehyung, the other family members forming a ring and circling counter clockwise to Yeonjun, who threw the scimitars straight up into the air and began juggling them.

Baffled, Taehyung stood in the center, the eye of the dizzying hurricane.

"Taught to us by our Cossack cousins, the Mamushka has been an Addams family                  tradition since God-knows-when..." He said while hurling the scimitars to Taehyung, both of them juggling them back and forth, much to Taehyung's shock.

"We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled!  We danced the Mamushka at           Waterloo!  We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Taehyung Addams, this Mamushka's for you!" He told him as the moves got more and more intricate, moves that Taehyung managed to somehow do, launching into a tongue twisting patter song.

"After all this time, Taehyung hasn't forgotten a step, hasn't forgotten a word!" Yeonjun exclaimed before throwing him the five scimitars. Taehyung looked up and started to catch them. One, two, three, four, what was he going to do with the fifth?

He opened his mouth to scream and it dropped straight in, swallowing it to the hilt as the Addams mob cheered lustily, launching into the finale of the song. Amazed, Taehyung dropped the scimitars he was holding and pulled the one from his mouth.

"How did I do that?" He mumbled in shock, Yeonjun slapping his back

In a remote corner of the ballroom, Cousin Jungkook and Jimin were waltzing in an out-of-the-way nook, somewhat involved.

"We've been married for almost twenty years...sometimes it seems like more..." Jimin said to him

"He must have changed" Jungkook told him

"Of course, people grow, people change..." Jimin said with a sigh

Taemin then was heading for the front door, in his coat, when Mr Yang stopped him

"Where are you going? There's trouble" Mr Yang informed him

"Hey, not to worry. Plan B" Taemin said

"But that hideous little boy..." Mr Yang insisted

"I'm in charge. Ten minutes, I'll be back" Taemin interrupted him before slipping out the door.

Mr Yang turned frustrated and threw up his hands. Upstairs, on the dance floor, a        reprise of the Mamushka had begun, in the rear of the hall, Cousin Jungkook passing across, leading a trembling Jimin.

A short while later, at Judge Lee's house, Taemin was on the front porch with Judge Lee.

"What the hell's going on over there?" He asked upset

How would you like to be rid of the Addams for good? I'm serious" Taemin told him

"What can I do for you?" Judge Lee asked smiling