Chapter 4: Divine Suspect

"When I picked the phone back up she was dead and the masked man came up to the camera and the video ended" Nicole said. The police were asking her questions at the station. "We're re gonna need your phone to investigate this so called "unknown", You can leave I think your mother is in the driveway" said the officer. Nicole left and didnt say a word, she just went and hugged her mom tightly. The car ride home was silent.
When Nicole got home she went directly to her room and lay on her bed quietly sobbing whispering "why me".

Nicole didnt want to go to school the next day, but there was an exam she did not want to have to make up. She was headed to school for the first time since the incident (a week after it),when she saw many students staring at her as if she had done something disgusting. She passed through to get to her friends. "I cant-" Nicole quietly entered with . "I miss her" Veronica said with her voice cracking a little. They were silent for a good 2 minutes and then Nicole said, almost mumbling, "Why was everyone looking at me wierd?" Veronica and Serena looked at each other with a sigh. "Rumor went around that you killed her" said Serena very quietly. Nicole became enraged
"Why would anyone think that?!"
"They know you were angry at her the other night" responded Serena.
"How could anyone have known"
said Nicole. Nicole looked around, she thought for a second and then knew it. "I cant believe you guys would do this." "Do what?" Veronica asked.  "Tell everyone about that!" yelled Nicole. "I've been through so much these past two weeks!" "No you haven't!" said Veronica in a quiet tone as to not cause a scene. "Yeah we're going through stuff to! Your not the only one." Yelled Serena. Nicole was in awe of the words they were was saying. Nicole simply walked away as the bell rang.

Nicole avoided them at all costs throughout the whole school day.
She was distraught, how could her friends snap at her like that after all she was the most popular girl at school. The only thing she wanted to do was throw things, but she thought back to what the girls had said. She wanted advice so she asked the person she knew wouldn't let down, Her twin brother Kurt.  When Nicole arrived at home she went to her brother's room. "Hey uhh... Kurt?"
"What do you want Nicole?" asked Kurt.
"Am I selfish?"
"Come, sit" Kurt motioned Nicole to his bed.

"Im gonna say it like it is. You seem to not care about other people that much, and dont seem to take in to consider others feelings."
continued Kurt. "Yes I do!" Interupted Nicole
"Remember what you did to Henry Michaels" said Kurt

"He had that baseball bat coming to him-" replied Nicole. "It was an accident with the milk and HE said sorry like 4 times!" interupted Kurt. "Everybody respects me, but I need people to think I'm a selfless person!" interrupted Nicole. "At this point do you even deserve respect at all!" Kurt clapped back. Nicole fell silent because her brother never yells. "For *bleep*' sake Nicole, your friend just died and your worried if people think your selfish!?"

Before Nicole could respond to that the window in Kurt's room shattered which was especially weird since it was on the second story. A masked figure (that of a clown) in all black climbed through the broken window. Nicole noticed a knife in his hand. "Run!" yelled Kurt. Without hesitation Nicole practically left her brother in the dust. They started running out the hall with Kurt behind Nicole. She was purely focused on the stairs she needed to get outside. "Aah!" Kurt's scream broke Nicole's focus. She looked back and saw a large open wound on Kurt's leg. She still ran while Kurt was limping. Nicole had a plan. She started running down the stairs and looked back, Kurt was nowhere in sight. But the masked person was chasing right behind her.

She reached the end of the staircase and made a quick turn towards the kitchen and bolted for a knife. Nicole grabbed the knife and turned around, there was the person in a black sweatshirt and Black sweatpants with that clown mask. Nicole held the knife out with a stance. The clown went for a slash across Nicole's face, but she wasn't a stranger to combat fore she had taken self defense lessons at age 10 (which might seem young, but apparently not for Mr.Ryker) with her dad who persuaded her to. Nicole ducked and shakily went for a slash on the person's ankle. They fell and Nicole made a run for it. She went to check on her brother Kurt. He was on the floor groaning in pain and had copious amounts of blood coming out of the giant gash in his leg. "Oh *bleep*! Kurt!" said Nicole. She took him under her arm into her room and locked the door. Without hesitation she got her phone to call the police.

After about 20 minutes the police arrived taking Kurt to the hospital. Nicole sat in one of the ambulances. While they were making sure she was without injury, an officer was speaking to her. "Officer, I swear that masked clown man was in the kitchen!" said Nicole.
"You do believe me, don't you?"
"Of course I do, but I don't know if other's will." said the officer. She saw her mother in the distance and the officer nodded towards Nicole. Nicole got up and ran towards her mom explaining what had happened. Her mom headed to the hospital and Nicole stayed at her aunt's house. Just as she was about to go to sleep she recieved a message from Jax. He sent a video of him watching tv in his room with caption "hope your doing alright". She smiled until she recieved a message from "Unknown":

The police came by my house so I'm gonna make sure you suffer, *bleep*. Now your gonna make a choice
You gotta save one
Kurt or Jax

Nicole was shaking and done with him. She knew that Kurt would most likely be vulnerable and at least Jax would be able to put up some sort of fight. Nicole responded:

Dont lay a finger on Kurt

Nicole quickly got her jacket and ran out the door. She got in her car and started heading towards Jax's house.