Chapter Four

° MINA °

Not all flowers bloom at the same time

Not all flowers bloom at the same time. Each flower, I thought, had its own blooming season. I meant, seasonal flowers, that was what they called it, right? Currently, we had winter—it was ultra rare to snow in LA but in this season, rainfall was pretty common—and I wondered what kinds of flowers will flourish during this season. As a new recruit to the world of agriculture, I was curious to discover many more types of plants and flowers.

I started my job as a florist eight months ago in this local flowershop simply called Avery Flowershop. Actually I didn't start as a florist, obviously, considering I was still a beginner. Florist Lucy—she preferred to be called way—the owner of this flowershop, first taught me the basic and vital tips on how to grow my flowers right. She also taught me the cutting techniques, in which some occurences resulted into minor injuries because I was kind of dumb.

I'd gotten used to the errands now, and I'd somehow managed to get a hold of myself and just think positively through this new journey of mine. Sure this job may be a little challenging, but at least this way much better than my previous ones. And they included being a housemaid surrounded by annoying, bratty children just to finance my tuitions in fine arts; a club waitress which was so stressful because of all the creepy, perverted stares that were directed towards me.

My most previous one was being a café waitress. It was okay, as it gave me a bigger allowance every week. Maybe because the boss was already rich, so giving a huge amount of salary wasn't any problem to him.

I was the one who had a problem with him. He had that typical handsome face, wasn't any attracrive though, but his personality was so poor. He thought that he could get all the girls he wanted—to lie with him on his bed—because of his charisma, but he was too flirty to the point it was disgusting and bothersome.

I couldn't believe that some of my co-workers were actually lured and head-over-heels for that player. This was one of the reasons why I quitted. And there was one afternoon I'd never forget, in which the events that escalated were like the "end of the deal." The next morning, I ended that job. Somehow, every now and then, thoughts of those events happened to pass by my mind.

Luckily, with the help of my friend Angela, I found this new job of mine a month after trying so hard to find a better work excluding the things that I'd already had enough dealing with. This was such a fresh start, I was happy to say! Just like the flowers here, my life became a little lighter and colorful than before. But I felt like I still needed to find the real me. The everyday me. And like flowers, it will take time; I will have my own bloom someday.

Flipping the last page of the thirteenth chapter I was currently reading, I closed the novel and wandered my eyes around. It was yet again a peaceful, chilly morning at the shop. I had nothing much to do, other than just observing and watering the plants and flowers which I already did earlier, leaving me "jobless" as of now. Maybe breathing was one way to kill the time. Urgh, stupid, I was just acting dumb.