Chapter Sixteen

° JIMIN °

"Do you see Aries?"

"Do you see Aries?"

Hearing this, I made it seem like I was searching for it. But finding a constellation could be hard for someone like me who had little to no knowledge about constellations. I loved the stars, I wasn't just as interested as those people who invested their time in getting to know their patterns, location, and many more. I heaved a sigh, giving up. So pointless to search for something I didn't even know.

"I see the stars, but I definitely don't see Aries" I answered, chuckling. I could faintly hear Jane's sharp breathing, indicating she might be feeling cold. Sitting straight up, I grabbed the hem of my shirt then pulled it upwards so she could have my cozy sweater instead. The astonishingly ice-cold air immediately crawled up my skin as I was left with only my white tee. "Here, take this. Don't catch a cold."

Jane looked at me, worried. "Eh? But you'll be cold." She sat up straight. Yeah, I could freeze too, but her figure made me feel like it was my priority to take good care of her. Just that abrupt feeling again, of wanting to protect her and keep her safe.

"Aish, don't be stubborn." She pouted, so cutely. I became briefly speechless, biting my inner cheeks in order to restrain myself from squishing her irresistible face. Reality then slapped me a little too hard when I realized we were nothing but friends—no, close friends, perhaps. But looking at her, something inside me wanted to interrupt the idea of us being friends. In all honesty I didn't know what it was, but the word friend just didn't seem to fit with her that much. . . anymore.

Unsure, she slowly took my sweater from my hands. "Are you sure?" She asked. "If you'll get sick I might really have to come to your house and take care of you."

I smirked, as I felt a sudden rush of confidence. One of the things I liked doing most was to tease her, or make fun of her (in a playful manner), tell her jokes; basically anything that could make her laugh, make her smile, and make her happy. Even if it was only going to be temporary. "Oh please do," I joked. "Take care of me."

She showed me her poker face. Her pretty eyes seemed emotionless yet I knew for sure inside they held a deep, sentimental meaning. Those bewitching almond eyes of hers could hold the entire galaxy, as if she had the potential to be the universe. "Don't make me," she answered. "Or else. . ."

"Or else what?" I cut in.

"N-nothing." I somehow found it adorable, how she stuttered. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious of what she was actually about to say. Was she possibly nervous, and why? Anyway, I didn't say anything back, and only smiled instead. Probably because I was a little nervous too, out of the blue.

Afterwards she finally wore my sweater, and kept saying that it was warm and made her feel much better. I reminded her that it wouldn't completely shield her from the cold breeze, but it would be a great help. Not to mention she looked good on that sweater. It was oversized—like the one she wore when she visited me during Christmas Eve—so it, no offense, made her smaller and cuter than she already was. I tried to comprehend how attractive she could be without doing anything, even her littlest, almost unnoticeable habits which surprisingly stood out to me. Like the way she would bite her lower lip whenever she got shy or embarrassed. Sometimes she stuck her tongue out when she was satisfied about something, smiling at the same time.