Chapter Three

"I'm telling you, it's Decepticons!" Stormracer shouted, running through the hallways and waving his arms. Cliffjumper poked his helm out of his quarters.

"Whoa!" he called. Stormracer stopped.

"In the crowds!" he called, jabbing his digits at the windows. "I have a trained optic for this kind of thing!" He shook his helm. "Ratchet won't listen!"

"We can handle this," Cliffjumper said, holding out his servo. "Most of the Decepticons were taken out with the Council; we can take them. You were an assassin, weren't you? We'll be fine."

"I guess," Stormracer said. Cliffjumper stepped out and closed the door and they hurried out to the balcony. The former assassin peered over the railing.

"There," he said, pointing. Cliffjumper followed his gaze and saw a red and blue bot staring up at him. Cliffjumper narrowed his optics as he recognized the bot. Starscream himself.

"A rematch," Cliffjumper murmured to himself as he saw another bot weaving his was through the crowd. Obviously, the bots below were too preoccupied to care about the Decepticons moving among them.

"I'll head down below," Cliffjumper said, turning to face Stormracer. "I know you're pretty good at sniping. If you get a good shot, get 'em." Stormracer nodded and pulled out his gun, positioning it on the railing. Cliffjumper hurried to the base level and slipped out the doors. He glanced up at the balcony. Stormracer was looking through the crosshairs at one and Cliffjumper followed his aim as best as possible.

The former assassin suddenly fired and the crowd scattered. Cliffjumper ran forward as he caught sight of Starscream. He deployed one of his cannons and fired. Shockwave was on the ground, trying to slither away. But now that the crowd had dispersed, the Decepticons were now fully visible.

"You!" Starscream spat, his optics widening. He most likely didn't know about Cliffjumper coming back to life.

"Surprise!" Cliffjumper growled, punching Starscream and roundhousing him. The seeker staggered back, shaking his helm. "Out of shape, are you, Screamer? Well, allow me to help you with that." He landed another blow to his helm and two more to his gut.

"Do you remember the last time you taunted me?" Starscream hissed, dodging his next attacks. He even got one in and Cliffjumper hopped back, clamping a servo over his shoulder. "It did not end very well." The seeker suddenly yelped as Stormracer fired a shot at him. Soundwave deployed Lazerbeak and the drone started shooting at Stormracer. The former assassin jumped back and grabbed at Lazerbeak.

Cliffjumper huffed and returned his attention to Starscream as the seeker punched his torso with his sharp digits. He grabbed Starscream's arm and twisted it, throwing the seeker onto his back. He planted a pede on his chassis.

"Looks like you're the unfortunate one this time," he said. Starscream spat furiously and writhed beneath him. Cliffjumper pressed one of his cannons to the seeker's helm. "Coming from me, you talk too much." 

Starscream twisted his helm and Cliffjumper followed his gaze. Stormracer flung Lazerbeak as hard as he could at the ground below. The force of the throw caused the drone to hit the ground and explode. Soundwave froze. Stormracer recovered his cannon and pointed it at Starscream's helm. Cliffjumper stepped back, but as Stormracer fired, Starscream surged upwards, grabbing Cliffjumper and pushing him in the way of the shot. Stormracer cursed loudly as the shot connected with Cliffjumper's chassis and sent him flying back. 

Starscream let out a shrill cry as Stormracer took out all three of his other cannons and fired relentlessly on him. He transformed and took off, screaming orders at the other Decepticons. They also transformed and retreated. Stormracer jumped over the railing and slid down, scaling the wall and running over to Cliffjumper. 

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, lifting the red mech up and throwing his arms over his shoulders. He ran into the building, shouting for Ratchet. 

"What now?" Ratchet asked irritably. His optics widened when he saw Cliffjumper. "In here!" Stormracer obeyed and set Cliffjumper down on the ground. Ratchet grabbed his medical kit stowed in the corner and began mending the hole. "Who hit him? It's incredible aim!" 

"I did," Stormracer said, squeezing his servos together. "He said I was a good sniper. I was aiming for Starscream, but he pushed him in the way!" He shrank as Ratchet turned his gaze on him. 

"Don't worry about it," the medic said after a moment. "Just be careful. You barely missed his spark, but the impact and shot applied extra damage. I'll do what I can." 

"Are you saying he could die again?" Stormracer asked quietly. 

"I hope not," Ratchet murmured. "But yes. Get Arcee. She'll want to be here." Stormracer nodded and hurried out of the room. He prayed to Primus he hadn't made a mistake. One that would cost Cliffjumper's life a second time.