Chapter Five

Luckily enough for Cliffjumper, Ratchet patched him up and he made a quick recovery, back on his pedes in the next week. 

"Hello door," Cliffjumper said, rubbing the door to his quarters lovingly. "I missed a private berth with no cords attached to me." He entered and left the door open, flopping happily onto the berth and smiling to himself. He rolled onto his back and smiled up at the ceiling. 

"Where're you at?" Stormracer asked into the comm. "We're running a little trip to Earth, just a visit. You in?" 

"I'm good," Cliffjumper said. "Unless 'Cee's going." 

"Nah, she's staying behind. Says she'll handle the High Council business while Ratchet goes." 

"Then I'll be there with her," Cliffjumper said. "Have fun!" 

"Thanks, you too." The comm shut off and Cliffjumper sat up just as Arcee peered into his room. 

"Hoping to see you here," she said, stepping inside. "I honestly have no clue how to run a High Council." 

"That makes two of us," he said. "Who else is staying?" 

"Bulkhead...I think that's it. It's a vacation, you know? See family. Especially Windblade, Stormracer, and Starfreeze." She sat down on the berth beside him. She glanced his way. "So...we should probably get started." 

"Okay," Cliffjumper said, standing up. He grabbed her arm and pulled her out into the main council room. "Even Ultra Magnus left?" 

"Optimus insisted," Arcee said. "He was sure we had it under control." 

"Okay," Cliffjumper said, grabbing a stack of datapads and shuffling through them. "Holy Primus; how does Ratchet do it?" 

"He reads," Arcee said. 

"It's rules though!" 

"Fine, then," she said, taking the datapads out of his servos. "Do it without the datapads. You're basically royalty now." She walked over to the window and peeked out. "At least the crowds have been dying down. Mostly younger audiences, now." 

"They want stories to tell," Cliffjumper said. He poked his own helm out the window and waved. A few femmes squealed and jumped up and down. Arcee grabbed the back of his armor and hauled him back inside, slamming the window shut. "What?" 

"I thought we went over this," she said, crossing her arms. He tilted his helm. "Do you really want a fan squad following you?" 

"Aww, you're jealous!" Cliffjumper teased, stepping closer and patting her helm. "Don't worry, Arcee. I'm not interesting in any of them. You of all bots should know only one has my attention." She glared up at him. "Come on, give me a pout. Makes it cuter." 

"I don't pout," she said grouchily, turning away. Cliffjumper shrugged. 

"I'll make you," he said. "You know I have that power." He inched towards the window, but without looking up, Arcee grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards the desk. "Gees! You're so tiny, but have a lot of strength there!" Arcee whirled to face him and he grinned cheekily. "You know me, 'Cee. I don't give up like that. Come on." He leaned down and extended a digit, playing with her bottom derma. She slapped his servo away. 

"Ratchet trusted us," she said. "Don't make me discipline you." 

"I'm scared," Cliffjumper said, following her back to the desk. "And really, I didn't volunteer for this." 

"You did now." He smirked and shoved her, shuffling to the side. She practically threw herself against him, and to be fair, he slid to the side slightly. She glared at him, then jumped on him. This caught him by surprise and he staggered back, yelping as his pede caught on the edge of the desk and sent them both down to the ground. 

"I blame you," he said quickly, shoving her off him and crossing his arms in fake anger. She swatted his helm. 

"You provoked me," she said. "You should know not to provoke me." 

"Please, 'Cee. You love me. You admitted it." He stood up and grabbed her shoulders, placing her on her pedes. She huffed angrily, turning to face him. He gave her the same grin from before. She grabbed the sides of his face plate suddenly, pulling him down towards her. 

"Stop taunting me," she growled. "Ask anyone; I'll scrap you." Cliffjumper ignored her tone and instead angled his helm in, kissing her. 

"Wouldn't that be a shame," he murmured after a moment. "So much work to do!" He scooped up datapads in his arms and started walking out of the room. "I'm going to read myself up on some rules. You do..." He gestured at the room. "Whatever Council members do. See you later." 

"Don't die," she called after him. He snorted. 

"I know you'll be there," he said. He looked back into the room, a datapad almost slipping out of his grip. He caught it. "But just remember, it's just you and I, okay?" 

"Always," she assured him, looking down at her work. He smiled and left the room. Always...