Chrismas Miracles

Katlyn came to work singing Christmas carols. It was Christmas Eve and she was happy since she was throwing a Christmas party that night. It was agreed upon to do secret Santa's by everyone.

She found everyone in the break room getting cups of caffeine in their systems. "MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!" She shouted standing in the doorway. She was wearing black ankle-high book boots, zebra print tights, a Santa jacket dress, lined with fur at the bottom, the sleeves, and the collar. Her wig was at her chin and brown.

"Where did that outfit come from?" Bug sounding very dryly.

Dropping her arms as she went over to the break room table. "Rent, duh. Geez, see a musical." Taking a bite of the donut she had swiped off the table.

They were not that busy on a holiday. Nigel and Bug were at their desks debating about something in Lord of the Rings. Dr. Macy was in his office looking over some papers and listening to some blues. Lily and Jordan were in Jordan's office talking about a case and having some coffee. Katlyn, as usual, was doing something out there, she was loitering purposely under the mistletoe she hung up in the hallway.

The day had dwindled and Katlyn had Woody and Keiko help her set up for the Christmas party. As a funny joke, Katlyn had hung up three mistletoe around the apartment because one was not enough she exclaimed. People slowly showed up and Katlyn had a spot for everyone to place the secret Santa presents.

When the last person showed up she waited fifteen minutes before handing out the presents. Katlyn had gotten Jordan as a secret Santa and she got her a few things for her to do on ways to hold your temper. Katlyn secret Santa was Woody, he had gotten her a Duckie bank.

Nigel who had been trying to talk with her all night had finally succeeded. "Katlyn I have been wanting to ask you this for a while. Where do we stand?" He blurted out.

Smiling. "Right under the mistletoe." When Nigel went in she moved to kiss her on the cheek. Whispering in his ear. "You're going to have to try harder, for something to come of this, if you want it at all." Walking away from him with a smirk.

The party was a success that everyone left extremely late that night. The next day Katlyn rushed down to Woody's apartment. She knocked and waited till Woody opened the door. "Merry Christmas Woody!!!!" She called out when the door opened.

Groggily he moved to the side to let her in before the two of them parked it on his couch. She had gotten him a framed signed picture of the Kinks. "This is awesome. Thank you so much." He hugged her. "So what are you doing on this nice day? Because I was thinking we have a Christmas lunch and then dinner as we use to in Wisconsin." He asked her.

Before Katlyn could answer her cell went off. "I'm on call. But I'll stop by later today. I so want to have that Christmas food with you and we so will. But I better go, I have to stop by and say Hi to Keiko. I'll try and get off early." She gave him another hug before rushing off.

Getting to her floor she got to Keiko's when she saw her coming out of her apartment. "Hey girl Merry Christmas. So tell me again why you did not leave a few days ago to see your family?"

Setting her luggage down. "My stepfather left yesterday. I am not overly fond of him, so we share holidays. But I better get going I am running late." Grabbing her luggage.

"Let me grab my purse, I just got called into work. I'll help you out." Katlyn insisted.

Katlyn showed up a few moments later to work where she found Macy in his office. "Hey you, don't you have a family to be with?"

Looking up to her ."Well, I saw them this morning and everything was going fine when out of nowhere it went south, so here I am. What about you? I figured you and Woody would have something planned."