A New Beginning

The elevator doors open to the morgue and out stepped Katlyn. This time she was in a suede platform pink knee-high boots, white thigh-high socks, with a pink suede skirt, lacy trim bra top cami, the color candy pink. She had a white sweatshirt on also. With a little pocket on the front of the stomach. On the left up by the shoulder were what looked like a splat with the colors orange and brown. This time her hair was cotton candy pink to match. After stepping out of the elevator she began to search the place. Finding her target within minutes.

   Lifting her arm to wave. "Jordan, hey Jordan over here." Smiling as she walked up to her.

   When Jordan heard her name she turned towards the noise. When she saw Katlyn she was instantly reminded of cotton candy. "Hey.....um, I am sorry. I didn't get your name."

   "Oh yeah." Holding out her hand. "Katlyn. I wanted to talk to you about earlier today."

   "No, no you don't need to explain. I understand. It's none of my business." Waving her hands up.

   She puts her hands up to stop Jordan. "No, I feel I have to. And you deserve an explanation." Putting her hands in her pockets. "Woody is the only family I know. Shit, who am I kidding he and his brother are the only people who care about me, especially Woody. My parents are alive to let you know. But if you saw how they looked at me you would see they loathed me. I was a good student too. I got mostly A's and a few B's in school. I volunteered at the big brother / big sister program. I have been working for like ever. Woody lived across from me. He is the only family I have. The only person who ever wanted to be my friend and talk with me. He is the best friend anyone could ever, and I mean ever ask for." But before she could say anymore Dr. Macy appeared.

   "Jordan, I have been looking for you. Your body is in autopsy three." Finally looking over to Katlyn. Giving her a curt smile, Katlyn couldn't help to think it looked something between a smile and a wince. They were soon joined by Nigel and Bug before Dr. Macy took another take of Katlyn. "You know you look like cotton candy?"

   Smirking. "And I can promise that I taste just as sweet. Anyone want a try?"

   Dr. Macy just shook his head leaving without a word, Bug became instantly uncomfortable and wasn't sure what to think, Nigel just smiled and laughed.

   "Well, I better be going. But Jordan you were the best thing that has ever happened to him. Thank you very much, I know he needs someone like you." She smiled as she left them where they stood. As she stood in the elevator with the doors closing she waved back at them.

   Coming back after making a food and coffee run Woody was approached by one of the detectives. "Hey, Woody you have a sweet little number sitting at your desk." Kind of laughing at the end with a big grin across his face.

   Woody Smiled. "Really? A hot little number?" Starting to walk away from the guy thinking of Jordan.

   "Ya, she kind of reminds me of cotton candy." Taking a sip of his coffee as he stood there watching Woody walk off.

   The smile faded from Woody's face realized who he was talking about. When he approached's his desk Katlyn was spinning repeatedly in his swivel chair. She looked like a blur of pink.

   "Attie?! What brings your little pink butt down to the station?" Stopping the chair with his feet and leaning against his desk.

   Katlyn fixed the chair to face Woody, smiling she stood up in front of Woody, "You like?" She spun around showing the outfit off, "It's new. Oh yeah, one more thing. I am going to lose the wig and wear appropriate clothes tomorrow and look for a job. Then I will start to look for a place. I don't want to overstay with you."