Birthday Fun

Katlyn was woken up on Friday to knocking at her door. Rubbing her eyes, she got up with a grumble. Answering the door, she found Woody holding a medium-size red bag with some white tissue paper and a bunch of balloons.

"Happy Birthday Attie!!!!" He chanted walking inside with the present in hand.

"Awe, Woody you remembered. You didn't have to though." She hugged him before taking a seat on the couch.

Woody sets the balloons on the kitchen counter as Katlyn read her card before going for the present. "Oh my god, Woody this is so cute." Giving him another hug. "This looks like.....".

"Ya, it's the actual duck I had won for you at the fair." Smiling

"Right Duckie from the fair. I remember how your brother had a hard time hitting the bottles with the balls, and then you come by and six tries later you got it. Then the neighbor's dog got a hold of it later that night." They both laughed at the thought.

After catching their breath from the laughter of the memory. "So what is the outfit for today?" Taking hold of all the garbage.

"I have an idea." Setting the duck on the table and retreating to her bedroom.

After a few moments, she walked out in cross-band ankle strap sandal. The heal was about 3 ¾ with the color black leather shoes. Then with white tights and classic shape with a vintage touch blue fit and flare shape dress. Katlyn chose a matching color wig to her dress. Throwing her arms up and twirling. "What do you think? Do you like?" Dropping her hands to her waist and posing.

Throwing the garbage away. "That is my favorite outfit so far." He held up two thumbs. "Hey how about a birthday breakfast?"

Taking a hold of her white sweater and purse. "Let's go. Wait." Running to the coffee table "Duckie is so going to be sitting at my desk at work from here on out." Putting it in her purse before they left.

After finishing breakfast Woody dropped Katlyn off at work wishing her one more Happy Birthday before driving off. She got up to her desk making herself comfy.

Katlyn was sitting at her desk when she got a call from Dr. Macy saying that he needed to speak with her. She figured it was him going to lecture her for being late today. So she prepared herself for the lecture and the argument to follow suit. When she opened the door to his office there was a hearty, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" From Dr. Macy and the other staff members.

Dr. Macy gave him a book on 'the appropriate way to dress for work' and a beautiful butterfly necklace. Lily gave her the scented candles they were talking about a few days back that Katlyn was having a hard time finding here in Boston. Bug gave her a blue t-shirt with the mooninites on it and in green letters stretching across it said 'The Innocent Shall Suffer'. Jordan gave her a pair of sunglasses that Katlyn can change to match her wigs of the day and a pretty big gift card to her favorite wig shop. Before opening Nigel's present, she went to the restroom. When she was coming back she was about to turn into Macy's office when a guy came up, grabbing her arm spinning her around and giving her a big kiss on the mouth. Everyone was gawking at them, Woody had just come out of the elevator getting just the end of the kiss. She kneed him where it counts causing the guy to go down as fast as a ton of bricks.

"I told you to leave me alone. I don't feel the same way." Walking away quickly.

She was sitting in her office just staring at Duckie in her hands. "Mind telling me who that was?" Woody said entering her office.

"That's George and before leaving Wisconsin he told me that he wanted to have a future with me. He is the guy I told you about that works at the gas station and has ogled after me since freshman year of high school. I told him that I see no future with him, he is nothing but an acquaintance. And I left not saying another word to him, not even telling him I was leaving and where." Looking back at Duckie.