First Day At ALDC LA (Part 1)

After a cosy sleep in Sunday I wake up when my alarm goes off at 6:30. I pull on my outfit I had laid out the day before. It was a black aldc crop top with red booty shorts. I pull my hair into a high dance bun and add a small red flower. I throw my black Adidas crop top, black joggers and grey hoodie over the top.

I head downstairs, eat my toast and drink my smoothie- blueberry and strawberry today- then I jump in the car with Mom

I head downstairs, eat my toast and drink my smoothie- blueberry and strawberry today- then I jump in the car with Mom. We drive to the studio and find that Abby and Gia are the only ones there. Abby had to set up pyramid so I went in studio B to stretch and pull off my top, hoodie and joggers. Eventually I heard the other girls (especially Jojo 😂) arrive. Gia comes in and tells us to enter the studio when the doors open. We nod and she leaves. Soon enough, Abby opens the door. We walk out as Abby says "We have a new member of the ALDC Elite Competition team! Please welcome Summer-Louise and her mother Rosetta!" We stand there and say hi nervously. "Would you like to introduce yourselves?" Abby asks. I go first. "I'm Summer-Louise Samson, I live here in LA, I'm 14 years old, I've been dancing since I was 2 and I have 49 national titles!" I say. I notice Melissa and Ashlee raising their eyebrows, Jill whispering something to Kira and Jess, Maddie and Kendall exchanging glances, Jojo whispering to Brynn and Holly, Kalani, Nia and Kenzie smiling. Not exactly what you would call welcoming. Now it's Mom's turn. "My name is Rosetta-May Samson, I'm 36 years old and I'm a single parent!" I didn't think she would mention the single parent part as only recently, she has been open to talk about it. This time, no major reaction from the girls except Nia and Kalani still smile however the moms look down except Holly. She still smiles. Her smile doesn't even look fake!  I walk over and stand next to Kalani who is on the end. Mom stands next to Holly. "OK, Pyramid!" Abby says.

"First, Summer, you're new- you need to work your way up

"First, Summer, you're new- you need to work your way up." I nod and as does Mom, "Brynn, you came 2nd at nationals. I expected so much more from you!" Ashlee looks angry but Abby quickly moves on. "Kendall. Another 2nd place solo. You are higher than Brynn as I feel you had good facials in the group. You should show them more often, they're beautiful!" Jill looks angry but relaxes at the last part. "Jojo. You won with the duet, congratulations. No facials in the group. None? That isn't the Jojo I know! What happened?" Abby seemed annoyed and confused.               "Abby, she did good! She smashed the duet!" Jessalyn protests angrily.                                                      "I'm the teacher, I'll decide that!" Abby fires back. Jess tries to protest but Holly butts in.                  "Can we not start the season with unnecessary drama!" Abby nods at her and Jess then carries on with Pyramid. "Nia! You won with the duet and I thought you were outstanding in the group too!" I see Holly beaming with pride. "Next, Mackenzie! Miss Junior Energy!" We all clap for her. "And....Kalani! Miss Teen Energy!" We then clap for Kalani. "And on top of the Pyramid, Maddie! Miss Pre-teen Energy who also lead her team to national victory!" We all give Maddie a round of applause. "This week we are going to Sheer Talent, Las Vegas! I have 3 solos and a duet. My first solo goes to Nia." Holly is smiling so much it seems like the corners of her mouth will burst out of her cheeks. "It is contemporary and called "Changed". My second solo goes to Jojo. It is Lyrical and called "Is it enough?". Jojo can you handle Lyrical?" Abby asks. Jess frowns at her.                       "Yes Miss Abby," Jojo replies nervously. She's a sassy hip-hop dancer so lyrical isn't her strength.  "And my final solo goes to Summer-Louise! Your solo is also Lyrical and is called "A World Away". This is your chance to prove you are ALDC material. My duet goes to Maddie...." Kendall is crossing her fingers, "and Brynn!" Kendall looks upset, "Your duet is called "Find You". The group is called "The Ritz and our lead is Kalani. Kalani will be portraying a guest in the posh restaurant along with Kendall and Nia. Maddie, Mackenzie, Brynn and Jojo- you will be servers to the guests. Summer, you will not be in this number as you are on Probation until further notice. Ok, moms-out, Nia- solo with me, girls- hip-hop class in studio C. Lets get ALDC season 7 on the road!"