6- facetimes

Holy I can't stop thinking about her. I wonder what she's doing right now...

Sophie pov

I sighed and kept scrolling through Tik Toks. These couple videos made feel SO single. Saturday morning/night at 3am being depressed? Yeah totally me. 

After the break up with Fitz, I didn't know what to do with myself for weeks and-

I was snapped out of my sad 3am thought when my laptop went off beside me. I jumped and fumbled for it to see who was calling.

Keefe :) wants to FaceTime...

Uh-oh. No! Not uh-oh. Just, not in that way at least. I like Keefe it's just... 

Whatever I thought answering the call, what could happen?

Keefe pov

My head was screaming. I just couldn't get the brown eyed, blonde, sweet girl out of my stupid head!

Everyone is out partying and I'm laying in bed on Pinterest thinking about a girl that would never like me. I'm being selfish. The girl just got out of a 3 year relationship with my best friend.

I sighed staring at my pink lit room.

It was a impulsive decision to pick up my laptop and call her I swear! It went so fast, my heart really just said "screw it" and  I pressed Sophie <3.

"Please pick up, please pick up, please." I whispered to the angels up above.

It rang 3 times as I stared at my camera that was reflecting onto me, and I realized. She's probably asleep! Oh no. I could wake her up and she might-

"Hello?" A soft voice said.

My eyes grew freakishly wide and the butterflies exploded in my stomach.

The blonde girl smiled in her bluely lit room. 

Butterflies, I prayed. Go away!

"Hi." I whispered. Ugh

"Are you okay?" She laughed settling her laptop on her bedside table and laying down.

"Yeah! Um- Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I stuttered.

"Well, you are calling me at 3am." Sophie giggled.

"I didn't expect you'd pick up." I whispered.

"Then why'd you call me in the first place." She whispered back.

Now what?

I cleared my throat. "So, I was wondering if you would like to attend my basketball game on Tuesday night?"

She paused. "I would love to, but-"

"But? But what?" I said cutting her off.

"But, you are doing that thing where you speak formal when you are nervous."

I stared into her eyes and she stared into mine. All I could think of was her. I mean, of course I'm thinking about her I'm staring right at her, but really! Just the way she softly blinks her naturally watery eyes. The way her shiny blonde her just completes her look, and the lips. Oh the soft lips that I want to press mine onto-

"Keefe? Why are you nervous around me?" She laughed waving her hand over the camera.

"Sophie I need to say something important." I blurted. Her smile faded and her dainty innocent expression became serious.

"I-" Deep breaths Keefe I thought. "I like you. I always have ever since you moved here in 7th grade. Now it's sophomore year and I still want to be with you. And I know you just got over a break up but I just- I had to say that."

The silence that followed was painful. I could almost feel myself aging in the nano seconds going by.

"Oh." She looked down and whispered.

My stomach dropped, tears formed in my tired eyes, and I hung up.

And then I cried.

--

A/N

Painnn ahhhhh! Part 2 coming soon I'm so sorry

-bri <3