10- christmas special :)

Friday, December 20

"Five days until Christmas, Keefe!" Sophie shouted at her boyfriend.

Sophie had just opened the door to her home for Keefe. They were doing special things everyday, for five days, leading up to a big activity on Christmas Day.

Of course, Sophie suggested it. Keefe took some convincing.

He groaned and walked to the kitchen. "Candy?"

Sophie frowned. "Wow. No 'hello my lovely girlfriend?' or how about, 'I missed you and I can't wait to get started on our activities!'" She said in a mocking tone of Keefe's voice.

"I do not care." He stuck his tongue out at her and she did it back.

"No candy for you!" Sophie said kissing Keefe on the cheek. "Lets get started on the first thing! Drumroll please.."

When Keefe just stood there, his lips quirking up at the corners, Sophie scrunched up her face and sighed. "Baking!!!"

"Absolutely not." Keefe said flopping on the couch. "I'm not doing that. And you know I love you, but no!"

"Yes! Get up!" The blonde girl said getting the recipe pulled up. "You need to get in the Christmas spirit!"

After a bit of bickering, Keefe got up and they started on their baking.

"Eggs." Sophie ordered, and put them in.

"Flour. One cup." She said again.

"Butter. Melt it."

"You do it."

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I'm bored!" Keefe groaned sitting on the floor.

"You suck! Fine lets change it up. Whoever makes the best cookies wins."

The boyfriend perked up. "Wins what?"

"Whatever you want." Sophie smiled.

***

If anyone has ever made cookies in 20 minutes... props to you. But we did it in 10.

By the time the cookies were out of the oven and they were decorating, the cookies were already giving up.

The couple also could NOT stop laughing and throwing things. "I'm literally about to win loser!"

"No this won't-stay-up!" Keefe laughed.

"Okay times up then!" Sophie shouted. "Hands up!"

"Says who?"

"Me!"

Looking down at the cookies they were silent, and then started laughing.

"It's terrible!"

"A four year old could do better than us!" Keefe chuckled.

The cookies were gooey cause they didn't even wait for the oven to beep, and the decorating was atrocious.

"Well, who won?" Keefe asked.

"Honest to God, I think you did, Keefe."

"Really?" His ice blue eyes lit up and Sophie smiled. "I WON!"

"By a bit!" Sophie yelled laughing.

"By a long shot!" Keefe was jumping on stuff and running around so Sophie let him have it (to make him happy) and started on the clean up which would take days to get flour out of everywhere.

***

After everything was clean- and Keefe had settled down- they baked good cookies, made hot chocolate, then sat down to watch The Polar Express.