v. | FAMILY TROUBLES.

THE FACT THAT you are silent does not mean that you have nothing to say. It is your choice as a person to decide your next move in life.

Be it good or bad.

Everyone has a choice.

Yet, Aria always felt as if she did not. From her very birth, everything had been planned. Amy had spent many years grooming the blonde, so much that she could still feel the phantom pains of the hardships she had to bear.

Everything had to be perfect in Amy's eyes, the only slip up in her boring existence being her ex husband.

Aria pursed her lips, listening to her mother drone on and on to her, about her father.

How disrespectful he was for not answering any of her calls.

How she despised his wretched lover.

How he didn't care about her and only sent money to take care of her.

Which was rather false because Aria knew her father was always busy and rarely had time to interact with her but it didn't stop him from spoiling her. He had always gifted the both of them presents, regardless of the fact that he and her mother were no longer together.

She had lost count of the amount of times she'd seen her mother sneer at the elaborate gifts and cute trinkets before throwing them aside, yet some part of her knew that Amy couldn't possibly have the heart to do it. That, and she'd found where her mom stashed them. 

She watched, completely silent, as her mother pacing around the room, fiddling with her hair. Her mother's hair was never straight. It was a mop of cute curls that she always made pin straight to look "presentable" for work. She openly watched as Amy stamped her heels in a childish manner and the blonde found herself quite surprised at her thoughts. Her mother was anything but childish. The fact that Amy's movements reminded her of a child having a temper tantrum stumped her.

Truthfully, the teen believed that the older blonde was just lonely and it wasn't the type of emptiness that her company could fill.

She knew her mother and, while she couldn't exactly read her emotions clearly, she had common sense. She saw how her mother stared at her longingly. If she hadn't known any better she would've thought that Amy longed for her closeness but no, it wasn't her that her that she wanted.

It was Andrew.

Aria pretty much inherited most of his features, her blue doe eyes being the same color as his, playing a huge factor. She ran a hand through her curly hair, twirling the loose strands around her finger. The beauty tilted her head in boredom, watching as Amy paused in her ranting before clearing her throat. It slowly dawned on the older woman why she had originally requested her daughter's presence remain in the living room.

"So, Aria, about the letter that you gave me, it's an invitation."

"An invitation? To what?", she inquired with a look of puzzlement before her lips pursed and she hesitantly asked, "Is it to...dinner? Did...did he ask you to dinner, again?"

Amy's eyes darkened at the mention of dinner and her lips almost curled into a mocking sneer before she controlled her dark expression, "No, it's not...dinner. It was an invitation passed on from a client. They want to see the finished design of the dress I've been working on."

Her jaw clenched. That damned principal didn't know when to give up. So what if he recommended her to some potential clients? It wouldn't change the fact that she wanted nothing to do with him. In certain cases she would've even found his persistence quite admirable if it wasn't always directed at her. No amount of pressure from him would shake her solid foundation because only one man was capable of that and he was long dead to her, metaphorically at least.