This is Halloween

The one thing Remus and I agreed on 100% of the time was that Halloween started on October 1st and lasted until November 1st. This drove Roman, Logan, De, and our manager insane. Especially given that everyone we made a pit stop the drummer and I would make our way into the nearest store and purchase copious amounts of candy. I'd learned to get around the anxiety inducing impromptu meetings with fans by wearing a face mask and keeping my hood up. I'm surprisingly not that recognizable it seems.

"At the rate you two are going you're both going to end up diabetic," De looked at us in annoyance as we sat in my bunk and munched away at our latest sugary haul.

"At the very least they're going to have upset stomachs and I do not want to hear them complaining about being sick," Roman crosses his arms and frowned at us. His blonde hair fell into his face and I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. He was in serious need of a haircut, but we'd been too busy for him to schedule one. Remus wasn't doing much better. His roots were starting to show, revealing that they'd both inherited the blond hair of their donor. Though for some reason their eyebrows and lashes were a light shade of golden brown.

"We'll be fine, Roman," Remus waves a dismissive hand at his brother.

"What he said." I took a bit out of my chocolate bar and offered some to the taller man who just rolled his eyes and gently tousled my hair.

***

We were allowed to take the day for ourselves on the 31st. Roman is as a bit displeased that we weren't in Florida, but he was determined to make the best of it. I was a little leery of going to such a public place. We'd done a few smaller shows in between our concerts and those had been sold out as soon as sales were announced.

I was also leery of how quickly we rose to fame. Though, I have to admit it's not that surprising given the advancement of technology. All the money that our label put into marketing. And all of the videos Roman put up of us online, even before we got signed. I just still didn't like all of the attention. I wanted a day to just be me again. To just be Virgil Novas, brother of Patton Novas, and son of Patrick Novas.

November. I reminded myself. We would be done with this tour in November and back home to enjoy thanksgiving with our families. Then Christmas.

Christmas.

"Hey, Princey." I jogged up to Roman as we walked across the parking lot to the entrance to the Disney park.

"Hmm?" He took my hand in his and kissed the back of it before lacing our fingers together.

"What did you mean when you said next year?"

"What do you mean?"

"When I complained about the lack of snow on Christmas."

"Oh. That. It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"You'll love this one," he paid for our park tickets and handed each of us our bracket thingies. I hated those damn things almost as much as I hated surprises.

I wanted to question him again, but I heard Remus squeal and nearly jumped out of my skin.

"We'll meet you guys at Main Street," De called out as they chased after Remus.

"Be there by eight!" Logan called after them before sighing heavily. He then turned to us and adjusted his tie. "You two enjoy yourselves. I will meet up with you at the designated area at eight o'clock exactly."

"Where are you going, calculator watch?"

"There is an exhibit I am rather excited about seeing," he smiled and walked away before either of us could say anything.