Chapter Six

Peeta POV
Six months later Katniss still isn't pregnant. When the doctors came today they did a lot of tests on both of us and they said that we should be able to conceive a child. They told us about different positions we could try, which was a very awkward conversation.

Katniss and I are laying together on the couch now. She sighs and says "Peeta I want a baby." I see a tear roll down her face, and it breaks my heart. When we first married she told me that she didn't ever want to have children. She has changed a lot since then. I lightly caress her cheek and say "We will darling. We just have to keep trying. You could ask your mom if there is anything we could try." She nods and then lightly kisses me. She whispers "I love you Peeta. I never thought I would be able to love anyone this much but you're just so, so amazing. Thank you for staying with me." I grin at her and say "I love you too my dear Katniss. And I'll stay with you always."

She rubs her nose against mine and her long eyelashes tickle my face. I chuckle and then start tickling her stomach. We eventually end up in a tickling war and we fall off the couch. We are sprawled out on the floor laughing when we hear the door ringer buzz. I give Katniss a playful kiss before standing up to get it. I see Gale standing there looking extremely flustered and worried. He practically shouts "OhmyGod Jo is going into labor! Comequick, iamfreakingout." Me and Katniss follow him as he jogs down the hallway. We get to the hospital and see a very pregnant Annie and Finnick sitting in the waiting room. Gale runs back to be with Johanna so Katniss and I sit down with Finnick and Annie.

Finnick grins and says "How did you're guys' doctor visit go today? Has Peeta got a bun in your oven yet Katniss?" Katniss just shakes her head. She tries to hide it but I can tell that she's upset. Annie says "Hey, it'll be okay Katniss. I'm sure that you'll get pregnant soon enough. Enjoy your time of not being fat and hormonal while you can!" She grins then but her eyes are still sad. After about two hours Gale comes out with a humongous smile stretched over his face. He says "She had it. Oh my god, I am a dad!" Katniss jumps up and hugs him. She says "Congradulations!" After about half an hour they let us all go back and see Johanna and the baby. Johanna is crying as she hands the baby to Gale. She smiles and says "We- we're parents!" They grin at each other and you can see their admiration for each other in their eyes. I feel an ache in my heart, Katniss still not pregnant. I've always wanted children, and now that I'm going to have them with Katniss I'm running out of patience.

After a couple more hours Katniss and I head home. As we walk I slip my arm around her waist. She leans into me and says "That was amazing." I smile and say "Yeah. Don't worry Kat, we'll be like that soon enough." She grins and gives me a sweet kiss.

Katniss POV
The next day after I get done hunting I go to visit my mom. Unfortunately Prim is also there, and refuses to leave. I sigh and then sit down across from my mom. I say "Mom, Peeta and I are having troubles getting pregnant. We've been trying for about six months now. Mom, what should we do?" She replies "Well, I know some plants that you can brew into a tea that could help. What all have you and Peeta been doing?" I blush and stammer "Uh... Just uh.... Having sex..." My mom coughs and says "I meant other than that." I blush even redder now and say "Oh."

My mom laughs and says "Katniss, you just need to be less anxious. When you're having sex don't think about getting pregnant. Just think about Peeta and how it feels and how much you love him. Once you relax and do that you'll be fine." I nod and say "Thanks mom." She gets up and hugs me and says "Anytime dear. I'll get you some of the tea." After my mom gives me a box of tea bags I head back home.

When I step inside Peeta is already busy cooking dinner. I grin as she says "Hello love." without looking away from whatever he has cooking. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him from behind. I say "Hi Peeta. I talked to my mom today, hopefully we will be able to have a baby soon." Peeta turns and gives me an adorable smile before giving me a gentle kiss. He asks "You really want a baby, Katniss?" I smile and nod. I explain, "I never thought that I would, but you've changed everything Peeta. I never thought I'd ever love anyone nearly as much as I love you." He smiles even wider and pull my body to his as his lips grab ahold of mine.

We eat dinner and then I make myself a cup of tea. It doesn't taste horrible so I down it quickly. I hear some music coming from the living room so I wander in there. Peeta wraps an arm around my waist and takes my hand in his. He grins and then starts twirling us around. I laugh and say "Peeta! What are you doing?" He just chuckles and says "We are dancing my beautiful Katniss." I shake my head at him and giggle. Somewhere along the line the dancing turned into us making on the couch. Which quickly turned into more.

When we finished Peeta and I laid together, panting and sweaty. I whisper, "Peeta I love you." He grins and says "Oh, my dear Katniss, you will never know how much I love you."

A.N.
Hey guys I know this was short it's kinda a filler. So thoughts? I hope you liked it please vote and comment what you thought!😊