•17•

[edited]
|Third Person's POV|

It's been a week since Hyemi started her job and until now she's loved every single moment in the daycare. The kids were now familiar with her and she adapted herself to their routine. She had to sometimes take care of the babies, mostly when the other caregivers aren't there. But until now she didn't not have to stay late cause there were other volunteers. Her pay was suffice, enough to satisfy her basic needs. More than anything her job gave her the satisfaction she needed.

Hyemi and Mia walked into the building as they heard nothing but a peaceful silence. They had arrived earlier than usual, so the kids hadn't arrived yet. Both of them walked into waiting room and sat on the chairs. Mia pulled out a sandwich and passed it to her. They both hadn't had their breakfast yet. After about 5 minutes all the caregivers stared arriving. She glanced at the clock above, it was 7am. After about 10 minutes the door opened revealing a lady in her mid 40s.
"Hyemi could you just look after Aera? I've got some work to do"
She nodded and got up. She walked out of the room, into the hallway. She passed all the empty rooms and reached the peach coloured door. She slowly opened the door to see baby Aera playing with her hanging toys in her crib. She smiled fondly at the sight and walked towards her.

She gently picked her up and carried her in her arms. Aera immediately smiled showing off a few grown teeth. She sucked in her fingers looking dreamily at Hyemi. It was her habit. Hyemi gently pulled her fingers away and replaced it with her milk bottle. Aera stared up at her with her big doe eyes which Hyemi absolutely adored.
"Aww you're so cute baby" she cooed. Aera giggles like she understood making Hyemi laugh.
"Alright let's get you all active now" she placed her on the carpet and sat down with her. She managed to keep her entertained until the other babies and kids started coming. The whole day was really smooth and no trouble was caused.

It was almost 7pm in the evening when she was called to the office by Mia's grandfather. I walked to his room, knocked the door and opened it.

|Hyemi's POV|

I entered the dimly lit room as he gestured me to sit in the chairs in front. I took a seat and he continued.
"You'll have to be staying late today. Mia and a few others will be accompanying you. A few kids will have to stay back. Will that be alright?" He asked and I quickly nodded. I have nothing else to do anyways.
"Of course"
"Since this is your first time, I decided that it would be fair if I ask your convenience"
"I'm totally okay with it, there's no need to worry"
"That's good then you all can take turns to have a break for dinner alright?"
I nodded and then got up to leave. I went into the playroom and joined Mia. After an hour or so, the parents had started arriving to pick their kids up.

"Bye bye Hyemiii" Soojin waved his tiny hands at me as his brother had come to pick him up.
"Bye Soojin, see you tomorrow alright?" I ruffled his hair and he giggled.
"Okay. You promised me that you'd teach me to draw" he reminded me and pouted slightly when I acted like I had forgotten.
"Of course I did!" I chuckled
He smiled widely and clutched on to his brother's neck, snuggling his face in it.
"I've never seen you in here. Are you new?" His brother asked. He was dressed in a formal attire. His hair was neatly styled and parted. He was surely some kind of a businessman.
Soojin suddenly beamed.
"She's the pretty lady I told you about"
His brother looked at him and smiled.
"She's indeed pretty" he turned to me as I grew a bright shade of red.
"....Uhh thanks"
"I'm Jisung by the way" he said
" I'm Hyemi "
I smiled as we shook hands
"I know... anyways we gotta leave. See you tomorrow"
"But tomorrow papa said he was coming" Soojin pouted
"Well not anymore buddy"
I let out a deep breath as they both walked out. Jisung was indeed good-looking.