Chapter 2

Scott was busy. It was always so harsh. He was with Derek right now. Conversing about whatever supernatural creature was threatening the pack now. Kira couldn't even think of it right now. She just wanted to talk to Scott. But, Kira knew he had such a grand responsibility and she was proud of him for it.
Maybe she needed just a person to talk to.

Kira texted Lydia to see where she was. Expecting she was with Stiles or was alone. She replied saying she had just got home and was with just herself. Kira asked Lydia if she wanted to come over and study for the latest math test next Wednesday. Kira knew Lydia didn't need to study. She was the smartest person Kira had ever met. Lydia also knew, she could tell Kira wanted to talk to her about something though. Lydia texted her saying she'd be over in five.
Kira didn't even fully know what she wanted to talk about.

" Sometimes I just wonder when this will be all over. The fighting, the death, the pain, the suffering. Why can't they leave us alone?"
Kira breathed out.
" Yeah. I know." Lydia stared off at nothing. " But I feel we're obliged to do something if we can."
Kira agreed. " Just hopefully when we graduate and go to college, we can live the rest of our loves normally."
" Maybe." Was all Lydia said. But she had a million questions and sentences flowing through her head. She couldn't imagine what life was without the pack. One day, will she be out of touch with Scott, Malia, Kira, or Stiles? Will they of all put their abilities to the side and try to totally erase it from their memories? Lydia hoped not. It was a part of her. Maybe they will all be in Beacon Hills for the rest of their lives. Would Malia end up like Derek? Would some unknown enemy come and bring us back together to fight it every now and then? She had no clue.
" Scott needs a break." Kira said.
It was weird hearing Kira talk about Scott. Lydia was so used to Allison. Just Allison. Allison would pour her heart out about Scott. And all of the sudden, it's somebody else?
" I think we all do." Lydia laughed.
" So, who's on your mind?" Kira was lying on her bed with one arm out and holding her head in place.
" No one at the moment. You know that. I think everyone does," Lydia pressed her lips together.
" Awe c'mon, there has to be some guy you at least want to get to know?"
" One of my boyfriends turned into a serial killer lizard, the other I thought was evil, now they're both gone."
" What about a third?"
The kiss between Stiles' and her popped in her head. Stiles. Oh no, why did she do that? Why did she get jealous every time she saw Stiles and Malia together? Why can't she just accept the fact he didn't love her anymore? I guess because thinking that made her insides turn and it depressed her. Stop, she thought to herself.
Instead she said,
" Actually, I have kind of been seeing... Deputy Parrish." She said the last two words quick and embarrassed. She scrunched her face together waiting for Kira's reaction.
" The deputy! Oh my god, Lydia, woah. I always suspected he was married." Kira's eyes widened.
" No..." For some reason she didn't like talking about it. Lydia regretted today. She regretted seeing him.
" At least you're not a minor anymore. Then he'd be in big trouble." Kira said.
" Lydia, you should be careful with that." She said concerning.

Kira was right. Even though she wasn't a minor it's still a mistake. It was Stiles', dads, worker. It was weird. Oh come on, Lydia is smarter than that. She longed for someone else. But she knew, especially now, he was far away.