Chapter 7

After school, Stiles contemplated about going to talk to Jordan Parrish. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to make sure the deputy knew nobody approved of him and Lydia. Stiles kept shaking his head, thinking maybe he shouldn't. Well, he could go see his father, and then by accident bump into Jordan, and politely tell him off. Stiles decided that was a good idea.

Then he remembered the look on Lydia's face when she shuffled into her class. Her green eyes glistening with fresh tears. Her long eyelashes soaked, pouring onto her rosy pink cheeks. Her expression full of pain, hatred. Why was she so sad? I mean, he knew he was abrupt about Parrish, but there was something else. She wouldn't tell him. Maybe he wouldn't ever know.

Three hours later, he picked up his phone and texted his father, telling him he is bringing him dinner at the station. On his messages, his third most recent contact who he texted was Lydia. He bit his tongue. Quickly while he still thought it was a good idea, he tapped her name and sent her a message that read, ' Hey Lydia, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have barged in on your choices. Sometimes I think I'm too protective over you.' Then he left his house, and jumped into his jeep.
• • •
" Hey daddy-o!" Stiles shouted across the station when he saw his father descend from the corridor.
The sheriff smiled and went to Stiles, and took the fast food bag from his sons hand.
" Hey son, how was school? Did you go to all your classes?"
" Indeed I did." Stiles grinned while looking at the ground.
" I'll be back in two minutes I just need to finish one thing, okay bud?"
Stiles nodded, eyes wide. And backed up into one of the waiting chairs.
Just in time, he saw Parrish enter the room, he waved at Stiles. Right on cue, Stiles got up and approached Jordan.
" Hey, Parrish, how you doing?" He smiled a little too big.
" Not bad." Jordan squinted.
" Yeah, that's great. Can you, uh, maybe stop having secret make out sessions, would you call it, with Lydia?"
Parrish looked around for anyone in close range from the two, lucky for him, there were none.
" What?"
" Hey, you know what I'm talking about. What you don't know, is the first thing about Lydia though I may add."
" I don't think you should just come in here and lecture me?" Jordan looked angry.
" I can if its my best friend, and I'm warning you you're making a mistake."
" Oh really? You're her best friend? From what she has told me is that you've been ignoring her ever since you've started to date Malia." He crossed his arms.
Stiles' serious face then faded away. He now knew he looked extremely vulnerable. Did she really think that of him?
" Wait, are you serious?" Stiles asked.
" Pretty sure I am."
" That's not true. She should know I still care about her deeply."
" So are you telling me you love Lydia now or something and you're just jealous? Well maybe you should've asked her out before you started seeing Malia. It's just high school anyways. You don't know what love is."
" I've been in love with her for 10 years."
Jordan just laughed.
" It's true. I don't think I'll ever stop loving her, no matter who we end up with. "
" That's beautiful. Go tell that story to your girlfriend I'm sure she'd love it." Jordan pursed his lips.
" Hey, man, why don't you just find someone your own age, since if you two decided to get caught up in this stuff about three months ago, you would've been in jail, asshole." Stiles almost yelled at the deputy.
" I don't need some kid telling me what to do."
" Parrish, I like you dude, I just think you're making a mistake. You're going to end up hurting her." Stiles pleaded.
" I'm done with this conversation." Jordan turned and walked away from Stiles. He got where Stiles was coming from. Parrish started to get eaten by shame as he thought about the fact that he was taking advantage of a teenage girl.