Chapter 10

Jun's POV

"You know Minghao, right? Your partner in the report. Would you mind switching places with me?"

Oh shit. Why did I ask that? That is so unexpected.

You are so stupid Wen Junhui. Stupid.

I looked at Wonwoo and he is just staring back at me.

I don't know how to explain if he asks why I want to be with Minghao. I just don't want anyone to know about us. But I'm sure he's gonna ask.

"Well, I don't mind but you know we can't switch right?" He said.

"Yes. I'm aware of that"

"Then, why did you ask? Are you friends with him? You are not even talking wih each other." He asked.

Oh damn. I bet he is curious. But I don't want to share my god damn past.

"Minghao is pretty smart and hardworking, you know. It's good to be partners with him. Most likely you'll get a good grade if you are with him."

That's a good alibi. Right?

"Makes sense. Guess I'm lucky to be partnered with him then."

We finished our dinner in silence. He offered to wash the dishes. So I let him do it because I'm already hella tired.

The rain outside became stronger.

"I need to go home. Thank you for the dinner, it was delicious." He said while wiping his hands.

"Yeah sure, you're welcome."

I led him outside the apartment

Once outside, strong rain and wind welcomed us.

We waited for like 30 minutes. We hailed a taxi but none of it stops.

"Uhmmm, we waited for too long. I'll just go ahead and walk to the nearest bus stop." He said.

Ahh. Yes we did wait for too long but should I let him be drenched in the rain?

What if he gets sick? 

"It's past 11 you see, close to midnight, I should be really going home."

If he insist.

"Are you sure you'll be alright??" I asked.

"Uhmmmm.... yeah, I'll be. Goodbye then."

Putting his arms above his head he suddenly runs outside the apartment building. His clothes are quickly drenched after stepping out of the rain.

As I watch him go, I rethink if it is really okay to just let him go under those heavy rains.

But I it is too late to ask.

I hope he'll be okay.