Chapter 8

Wonwoo’s POV

It’s 8:17 am.

I walked through the quiet hallways of the Engineering Department. It is not chaotic as it was two months ago.

Yes, it’s already been two months since the semester started and Mingyu and I hasn’t talked yet. We just greeted each other and that’s it.

I want to apologize for what I did.

After he told me that he was dating someone, I cut all connections between me and him.

I am too embarrassed and ashamed to face him again. Maybe that’s what I deserved.

Besides, he seems to be happy now.

I walked inside the room. I forced myself not to look at his direction.

“ Good morning, Wonwoo.” He greeted.

I failed.

I don’t want to be rude, so I looked at him and smiled.
I quietly sat down so that Soonyoung who is busily answering his Thermo assignment on the last minute won’t notice me.

I really want to cry today.

“ Good Morning, so today I will team you up with one of your classmates to make a report about the First law of Thermodynamics which will be passed next week.”
He started to call the duos who’ll be groupmates for the report.

I'm not really interested to listen to today’s class. I took out my sketch pad and started drawing faces.

“ Hi, you are Jeon Wonwoo right. My name is Xu Minghao.” I looked up and saw a tall, skinny guy standing in front of me.

“ I’m your partner for the report by the way.” He extended his hand. I took it and we handshaked.

“ I’m sorry if i’m not really listening, I’m Wonwoo.”
“ Yeah, Mingyu told me.” He smiled.

Ahh, he is the guy sitting next to Mingyu.

“ Can I ask for your phone number? So you know, we can discuss about the report.”

“ Yeah sure.” I took out my phone and handed it to him. He did the same. I entered my digits on his phone.

I noticed that his phone’s wallpaper is a puppy. Mingyu likes puppies. Oh, snap it out Wonwoo.

I handed him back his phone.

I looked at his face. His smile never fades. He is like a sunshine.

“ Thank you. Let’s work hard.” He bowed down to me first and left.

The class ended in a daze.

Me and Soonyoung decided to hang out at the student lounge and drink some coffee.

“ Hey, wanna play some video games at my house? Dokyeom bought a new game and he said that it is hard. I really want to try it.” He said excitedly.

“ Yah, try to pass first the game you bought last week. You’re still stuck at level 5. Aish, that game was the easiest to play.”

“ Yaaah, you game nerd. Just watch and wait til I master that game. You’ll beg me to help you clear a level someday or let’s just have a dance battle anyway.” He said furiously.

I laughed my ass off seeing my friend being frustrated. I know and he knew he can’t beat me.

~~Ping~~

I took out my phone from my pocket while wiping my tears in my eyes. Soonyoung is still fuming out of anger.

I opened my phone.

Jun. That’s the sender’s name.

Oh, I forgot about him for a second. The last time we talked was two weeks ago. Though we have two same classes we never said a word to each other.

I tapped my phone and read his message.

From: Jun
I promised you a treat right? Are you free this Saturday?

I opened my phone keyboard and typed.

To: Jun
Yeah, sure.

I hit the send button.

“ Yah, are you ignoring me now?” l looked up to Soonyoung.

“ What?” I replied, confused.

“ I asked you if you are free this Saturday? Wanna hang out and play?” he asked.

I’m sorry Soonyoung. I have plans this Saturday.

“ No.” I replied