Chapter 1

Jun's POV

"No, we are not breaking up!"

I slammed my hand on the table. I'm trying myself to be calm but I cannot hide my anger and frustration anymore. This is my first time being angry with him.

Four years. Four years, we were so happy. Though we are both hiding, we are so contented with each other that I thought nothing could break us apart.

But I guess I was wrong, this is inevitable.

"You know that we are nothing like before."

"It is just you who thinks like that. I never even felt that I love you less but rather it keeps growing." I said to him.

He stayed silent. I stared at him but he keeps avoiding my stares. I guess he never loved me anymore. The sparkle in his eyes when he looks at me had faded.

"Is there someone else?" A question that I always wanted to ask.

He again stayed quiet. He is about to cry and I hated that. I never want to see tears falling in his eyes.

"Though I grew out of love I never even thought of cheating on you. I still respect you." I deeply sighed.

So he lost interest on me. But how? I always make sure I always give the best out on me. To make sure he is happy but I guess it wasn't enough.

Ahh, it hurts my head. All the guessing and stuff. I want answers Minghao.

"Then tell me why?" I'm also about to cry.

"I can't tell you now. I'm still..... not sure"

Not sure of what? What are you hiding?

"If you are not sure, why break up with me? We can still work things up." I'm so desperate. I don't want him to leave me.

"I tried to but – but I failed." Now I'm confused. I don't understand anymore.

"I don't really understand, Xu Minghao." Now I'm really angry. Why can't he just say it directly to me.

"I made a decision we are not breaking unless you tell me your reason" That's it I had enough.

I was about to stand up but he holds my wrist. I stop midway and turned my head to face him.

"Why can't you just break up with me? Are you not hurt? Don't you even think I'm stupid?" he suddenly blurted out. He is crying hard now.

Yes, I'm hurt and I can't handle this pain growing in my chest. It is killing me.

No, I never even thought you are stupid. I think I'm the one who is stupid here, for giving you reasons to break up with me.

"As I said you are still unsure, please think twice. I'll give you time to gather your thoughts" I shook off his hand and hurriedly walk out of his apartment.

I don't want to hear any of his words right now. I don't want to hear him beg for us to break up. I don't know how to handle if we do.

I walked faster and reached the elevator. I was waiting for the elevator to open when I hear someone catching his/her breath. When I turned around it was him.

"Do you still want us to continue even though I'm unsure of us too?" He asked me.

The elevator opened.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore Jun and I don't want to hurt myself thinking I am hurting you because of my reckless actions and selfish decisions." Minghao said.

That left me speechless.

"Please don't think this your fault because it was mine from the start."

After he said that he just turned around. I don't have words to say. My head starts to hurt and my eyes are getting blurry.

I turned around and entered the elevator. I pressed the ground floor button.

I feel numb all of a sudden and my mind went empty.

Later did I know I was on the ground bawling my eyes out.

I guess there is no chance after all.

____________________________________________________________

Hi, my name is Sam Areum, the author of this book. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

This is my first time writing, so please bare with the grammar and mistakes.