Prologue

(A/N) I'll go more into detail once we actually get into the story, don't worry.

          I was orphaned at a young age. My dad abused me. My mother, not being able to take it anymore, killed herself. I don't remember too much, but then again, I was so young. I remember my mom's screams as my father pulled out a knife, slowly inching towards me. Liquid scarlet stained the floor. Monster, I was called.

          Moving into an orphanage, I made a new family. It took a little, but I eventually warmed up to them. But as they say, nothing lasts forever. I should've learned my lesson, shouldn't have gotten attached. I only seem to bring misfortune to those around me. To put it simply, they died too; the kids at the orphanage. Slaughtered by vampires.

          I stayed in hiding for a while after that, maybe a few years. Lived on the filthy streets. I didn't beg for anything, for I wasn't that kind of person. I was determined to get revenge. Seems like someone noticed that. I was picked up by some royal guards of King Ichinose.

          And, well, here I am now. Yuichiro Hyakuya, a spy and adopted son of King Guren Ichinose. Now that all that is out of the way, I guess this is where the story begins, right?

The tale of a hero-

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Yuu-chan."

"Shut up, Mika!"