Chapter 11 |The Angels|

(A/N) Yayyy...school started again. Luckily middle school hasn't been hard on me since we got back. I'll probably edit this chapter later, I just whipped it up real quick.

A lucid dream is what I'd say is happening right now. Being in a state where you're dreaming, but fully aware that you are in a dream and are able to interact with it. It was like this last time I met with Asuramaru.

"Asuramaru...," I mumbled quietly.

Hello Yuu, it's been a few days.

My heart rose. It's been days since I've heard from him, felt his presence in my head. After a few seconds, Asura appears in front of me. However, his back was to me, feet balancing on my sword with his hands behind his back. The aura surrounding him seemed different. Everything seemed different, with the scenery hosting dark clouds, and the air thicker.

Say, how have you been feeling lately?

"I've been fine...why do you ask?" I say, tilting my head in confusion.

I didn't like this mysterious aura around Asuramaru. He has yet to turn around, purple hair flowing around like a flag gently blowing in the wind. He stays silent for a few, before his hands behind his back tightened.

Fine, huh? Good, good...

The air felt as though it were suffocating me. I can tell something is definitely wrong. Then, after a few moments of uncomfortable silence, I look over to Asura, only to see him staring up at the sky. Silently, I look up too and glance back at him.

"Is there something wrong, Asura?"

He flinched slightly and turned around, throwing on a smile, one that seems forced.

Of course not, Yuu.

There's something he's not telling me, and I need to know what's wrong. Just as I was about to push for answers, a loud crack racked the silent area. The ground shook and I held out my arms for balance.

"What the hell is happening?!" I yell.

He only stays silent, staring up at the sky.

They're here.

A bright ray of light from above caused me to hiss and look up. I watch as part of the dark sky falls down, literally. The beams of light shot out of the large crack that is now in the sky. My eyes were wide and I frantically run over to Asura.

"Asuramaru, please, what is happening?"

He sighs and gives a look of guilt.

I'm sorry, I've tried keeping them out long enough. My power is no longer enough to contain them.

"Who's 'them', Asura?" I ask breathlessly.

A horn's cry roared throughout the space.

The angels.

~

The horn's mighty blow still rung in my head as I got out of my sweaty bed. My pajamas slightly cling to my skin, reeking of sweat. Angels, he said. My mind went back to Chess's story. Seraphs and angels. Flashbacks of the drawing played through my head. The horn I heard before I woke up was the same horn in the picture, wasn't it? Asura hid it from me to protect me, I know, but I feel slightly betrayed. He kept it from me just like Guren. How long has he known?

I feel a sudden rush of anger and punch the wall. I let out a squeak as my fist goes through the wall. I pull it out and weird, black smoke surrounds it. I quickly run to the bathroom and run cold water over my hand. The smoke disappears to reveal my bloody fist.

"What the hell...," I murmur, sliding to the floor head in my hands. I clutch my necklace while tugging at my scent-blocking collar.

Everything was happening so suddenly. I came to the castle four or five weeks ago for some stupid competition. Then after the competition, I'm basically bringing down a whole kingdom, if I even win. I learn about something my father has never told me, and then like a day later, I'm suddenly possessed by angels?

I suck in my breath and get up, avoiding putting pressure on my right fist, and slowly calmed my breathing. My body shook slightly. I have to clean my hand and change out of these gross pajamas.

After I cleaned myself up, a knock on the window caused me to jump. I had just finished putting on a new nightgown, since that's all I have left. I know I was probably being too paranoid, but I grabbed my sword and unsheathed it, holding it in front of me.

I left the window unlocked like an idiot because I needed to meet Mikaela up on the rooftop. Mikaela... I forgot I was supposed to meet up with him. The window slowly opened up and a blond mass of hair popped in.

"You can't just leave the window unlocked, you dum- woah, hey, are you alright?"

I slide back to the ground and let out a shaky sigh of relief, letting my sword clatter to the ground. I don't understand why I'm so shaken up. Maybe from what happened with Asura? Not an intruder, I failed to notice that Mikaela came in my room until I felt his warm arms wrap around me.

"Did something happen?" He whispered softly.

I don't know why, but I let out a small "yes". Why am I trusting this vampire, like hell I know, but I feel comfortable around him, as I finally fell apart. There we laid on the floor, as I quietly teared up.

"Tell me what happened, Yuichira."