Chapter 3.5 |Asuramaru's Words|

(A/N) I love having Asuramaru as a brother or very close friend to Yuu. Ahhh and sorry this one's so short, I guess it's a filler of some sort.

Since my "test," Asuramaru has made himself at home in my mind. I like to talk to him; I'm kind of lonely these days. All this training with all these people, and yet I feel so alone. He's also really helpful with detecting enemies.

Yuu, behind you!

"Thanks, Asura!"

Quickly turning around, I swung my sword around and blocked the blow aimed at me. I then got down low, shifted my feet, and stuck out my leg, swiveling my body around. The 'enemy' fell with a thump, letting out a slight groan. I rose to my feet in triumph, pointing my sword at their neck.

"I win, telephone pole!"

"Yeah yeah, dumbass."

I grinned and put my sword back into its sheath. I held out my hand, Kimizuki taking it gratefully. He pat me on the back and chuckled.

"You're getting better, Yuu."

My face slightly reddened at the praise. I gave him a cocky smirk.

"Of course I am," I say pridefully.

He rolls his eyes and we walk out of the training room. The only thing I really enjoy about this training for the competition in winning the Prince's heart is that I get to practice my swordsmanship. Having a sword in my hand just felt...right. The way the handle fit perfectly in my hand, the motion of my sword as I swings it, it just felt right.

Two weeks. That's all the time I had left. For some reason, it made me feel unsettled. I felt so confident, but as the time went by, that confidence had slowly started fading. One mess up is all it takes to screw everything up. I don't know how much I like the whole "it all rests in your hands" feeling.

Making it to the part where the hallway splits, Kimizuki and I said goodbye and parted ways. I continued on walking, deep in thought.

Yuu, you really gotta stop stressing over this.

"Sorry, Asuramaru," I mumbled.

I looked around the cobblestone walls, looking at the green, Demon Army-crested banners as I walked by. I'm doing this to prove myself. I have to prove myself to Guren, Kimisuki, everyone.

I stopped walking, realizing that I passed by my room. Sighing, I walked backwards and made it to my door. I opened the door and ran over to my bed, plopping on top of it. Feeling a little lonely, I decided to talk to Asuramaru.

"Hey, Asura, you there?" I whispered.

At first, there was no reply, until I hear a hum.

Yeah, I'm here.

What's up?

I sighed and hesitantly asked, "Do you think I can do this?"

Asuramaru seemed to pause for a second.

The real question is, do you think you can do it?

"What do you mean?"

You can't achieve anything if you don't believe in yourself, Yuu.

I blinked. Do I believe in myself? What an amazing question; a question I don't know the answer to yet. Asuramaru sensed my pondering and left me alone. Before he left, I whispered my gratitude.

I could feel him smile through our bond.