𝟎𝟎𝟓.

005.

N O T I C E : This book includes detailed themes surrounding violence, suicide, abuse, drugs and blood—all are graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.

.
.

[ Y/N's POV ]

   I COULD feel the tension as though it could be cut with a knife as I sat in Finn's car, listening to it's beautiful rumble as he drove.

The interior of the car was so clean and neat, I could tell that he took good and careful care of his car.
The aroma inside the car was comfortable yet tense—it smelled faintly like cigarette smoke and his cologne.

It smelled like him.

No words were shared between us, because it seemed that neither of us even wanted to speak.
It was an unusual silence that I didn't particularly like.

I propped my elbow on the armrest on the passenger door, acting like I was looking out the window, when really, I was sneaking glances at Finn.

I just couldn't help it.

But I knew it was wrong.

He gripped the steering wheel with determination, like he was eager to get to wherever we were going.

When I saw that Finn drove on what seemed to be an endless road uphill, I began to silently pray that I made it out of this alive due to the increasing distance into the middle of nowhere.

Why had I agreed to this?
  Common sense should've told anyone that this was a bad idea.

But I was nervous that I might upset him if I declined his kind offer, and knowing what Finn might be able to do according to Roman, I didn't want to risk triggering anything inside him.

Finn pulled up the gravelly road with a forest of trees on either side of it, obviously meaning that we were on the north side of town now by the mountains, which is opposite of my house in the south.

Great. Just fantastic.

It was odd how he seemed to park perfectly in a small patch of long grass that seemed to conceal his car from view on the trail.

He then twisted his car to a halt, the rumbling of the engine ceasing as Finn pulled out his keys from the ignition with ease.

Silence fell over us like a heavy blanket once again, until Finn opened the creaky car door to get out, signaling that I should open mine too.

But when I stepped out into the mystical forest, the view from the window did it no justice.

Trees enveloped and intertwined with each other on the canopy level of forest, with streaks of sunlight making bright beams of light through the leaves overtop .

I looked above me, admiring the beauty that nature never seemed to be credited for enough.

It was then that I remembered that I wasn't alone. 
  I turned around to see Finn with his hands in his pockets as he seemed to be watching me take in the forest.

I realized that I seemed to be miles out and away from any campgrounds. It was too secluded.

"Follow me."
He said, his curls bouncing as he trotted to get ahead of me to begin leading me to what I could only assume was the place he wanted to show me.