𝟎𝟐𝟐.

022.

N O T I C E : This book includes detailed themes surrounding violence, sex, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs and blood—all are graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.

.
.

THE MOMENT THOSE WORDS left Finn's mouth, an instant wave of regret washed over him

THE MOMENT THOSE WORDS left Finn's mouth, an instant wave of regret washed over him. What the hell was he thinking? He just wanted Y/N to know how upset he was, he never meant for that to slip out of his mouth.

He only realized the entire meaning and heaviness of this sentence when he saw Marie's surprised almost horrified face staring at him.

But he wasn't entirely upset that it did.

At least Y/N will now understand how upset I am.. he thought to himself.

He thought that what he said justified his actions, when deep down, his conscience told him he made a grave mistake.

Marie's groceries fell out of her hands, spilling the contents all over the walkway and porch. A glass bottle of wine dropped, the sound of shattering glass echoed as the liquid poured everywhere.

Finn's jaw was dropped, much like Y/N's mother. Finn didn't know what else to do, except instantly picking up the spilt contents to put back into the bags.
He tried his best to pick up the glass as well, only failing as he cut up his hand a little bit in the process.

Marie simply watched Finn's movements on the ground. She was absolutely livid.

"Here you go." Finn offered the now cleaned up contents, the bag full again as he extended it out for Marie to take. He couldn't help but feel bad.

"Mom, are you okay, are you—.." Y/N burst through the front door, having heard the loud sound of glass shattering. She froze, seeing Finn standing there with a 'deer in headlights' look.

With a blank stare, Marie took the bag from Finn's hand, watching as he still stood there.
He may have already screwed himself over at the chances of talking to Y/N, but he was still standing his ground.

For some reason, he thought there was still a chance.

He stared past Marie at Y/N as she stood on the porch, her guard was up in case he tried to do anything. He desperately wanted to speak with her now, especially after what he stupidly told her mother.