𝟎𝟐𝟔.

026.

N O T I C E : This book includes detailed themes surrounding violence, sex, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, and other very sensitive topics—all are graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.

.
.

"JACK.."

Y/N exhaled, her eyes wide and her body immediately stiffened at the sight of him.

She hadn't seen him since he tried to pick a fight with Finn ; that was the same night that she slept with Finn for the first time.

She had never asked Finn how everything turned out with handling Jack that night, but now, it seemed that she got a pretty good idea.
Judging from Jack's bruises and cuts around his face and surely in other places from what she could see, it seemed that Finn beat the hell out of Jack.

But Jack seemed to have gotten a few good hits at Finn too from what she could tell when Finn came to her house with that deep, bleeding cut in his shoulder and all those bruises and cuts as well.

She looked at his softened face, that surprisingly didn't have any violent, repulsive lust for her in his eyes like he usually did.

He seemed more mellow, more friendly than usual.

"Hey, Y/N." He smiled thinly, fiddling with his hands. "How've you been?"

Y/N was baffled.

This same guy, the one whose continually degraded her, catcalled her, and thought that he saw her nothing more than something to bang.
The same guy that made her scared to wear short skirts, or this outfit that she was wearing right now. But surprisingly, Jack's eyes weren't wandering to her showing cleavage.

Was he really trying to spark a conversation with me, right now?

He looked so different. He seemed so different, and Y/N wasn't sure if this was good.

"Uh.." Y/N stuttered, looking around her to make sure he was actually talking to her and not someone else. "What are you doing?"

Jack chuckled, ducking his head as if what she had said embarrassed him.

"Sorry, I know you're probably really hating this right now, but I wanted to talk to you." His eyes were gentle yet serious, as if the matter was a touchy subject.

Y/N made a visually confused face, and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

"I just really need to talk to you, it's important." Jack sighed, trying to communicate over the loud music and bustling people. "Somewhere quieter, maybe outside?"

Y/N raised her eyebrows, and scoffed in amusement. "Seriously? I'm not going anywhere alone with you."

For a moment, Y/N had expected Jack to immediately resort to violence or some type of sexual comment that would be sure to make her gag with disgust.