𝟎𝟑𝟏.

031.

N O T I C E : This book includes detailed themes surrounding violence, sex, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, and other very sensitive topics—all are graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.

OVER 6800 WORDS!!

.
.

"DAD

"DAD.."

She stared with surprised eyes, taken off guard as she looked up at the man she grew up to resent.

What in the actual hell was he doing here?

And of all times, he has the nerve to show up now? Who the hell does he think he is?

But she couldn't seem to speak. Her mouth was opened agape, as if what words she were thinking were just too stunned to escape her lips to see him after all this time.

Memories of her childhood when her father was still apart of my life began to flood back into view.

All those nights she would hear her parents yelling at each other, all those nights she would find him stumbling into the house drunk off his ass and lipstick marks on his neck with no remorse. And the times he would threaten her if she ever told her mom what she saw.

It sent chills down her spine, making her shutter.

He aged well, surprisingly, which she guesses is why she could tell it was him so quickly.
He stood in the doorway tall and confident, wearing his navy blue long-sleeved shirt with dark jeans and worn-out slip on vans.

She looked up to meet his eyes through his shaded sunglasses, seeing the sun cast him in a shadow from behind his shoulders.
She watched as he reached his left hand to take off his sunglasses, and she didn't fail to notice his engagement ring.

What a fucking prick.

"Hey, kid." He smiled widely, removing his sunglasses to reveal his stoney eyes. The same colored eyes she knew she inherited from him.

There it was. The smile and eyes that made anybody follow him, that made anyone believe he was a good person.

"Good morning, Y/N." A voice behind him to his right peaked up, making me shake my challenging gaze. "We hope you've gotten good rest."