8, final chapter

Gaara grinned his teeth, he couldn't believe his own eyes.
Guess he is no match to kakashi.
He always won.
Kakashi is a man everyone looked up to.
He is like the uchiha of their generation.
How could he be so much that naive.
Thinking himself he could even put up to the silver haired-masked man.
Its such naivety.
Gaara punched the wall, he grinned his teeth and walked away.
How could he think that hinata could even love him? Why would she? Whats so special in Gaara? Except his emerald eyes surrounded by a black halo, no eye brows and his flaming red hair? His dark past...
How foolish of him to think that hinata could reciprocate his love, she was just gentle and nice to everyone.
Even to the uchiha, even to the outcast naruto.
Even to her abusive cousin, that whom he had a change of heart later on.
Why would she falls in love with him.
Gaara cursed inwardly.
He had to admit to himself, he was nothing but a rebound. A toy for the hyuga to get over kakashi and forget about him.
He turned and walked away, and he felt a warm feeling on his cheeks.
Gaara placed a hand over his face, and then he realized it.
Gaara was crying.

Hinata walked along with kakashi.
Kakashi lead the way, hinata at first thought he'd take her  to their old place, the one he always asked her to meet him, it was a rural area, not many of the villagers knew about.
He chose it because their relation has always been secret. But the place he took her taken her aback.
Hinata has always asked Kakashi to escort her to the top of the faces sculptures, she wanted to watch fireworks with him, over the Hokage's faces.
Hinata looked at him puzzled.
"I thought it'd make you happy if we sat in here once, ne?" Kakashi retorted.
"Hai"
Both sat down.
"I missed you nata-chan" kakashi said.
Oh, how she missed his 'nata chan'
Why? Why did he come now?
"Kakashi-sensei..." she said.
Her voice was shaking.
Kakashi always loved her to call him with the 'sensei', it gave him the empowerment, the lead, the dominance over her.
Kakashi leaned over and kissed her plump lips.
Hinata was taken aback.
She pushed him gently away and then looked down.
"Why? Why are you back..you are with sakura..." she said.
"I'll be leaving sakura soon, nata-chan" he said stoically.
"Nande?" She asked.
"My relation with her is doomed anyways, she is to be wed to Gaara's soon, her family wants her to have a strong bloodline, since the uchiha refused her..." kakashi retorted.
Hinata sulked a bit, she wanted to hear things like 'i regret that leaving you, i always thought i never loved you but i am...' guess not all our hopes would be met.
But why? Didn't she got over it already? Or its really hurting when you love someone and they never loved you back to the point your pride and dignity hurts.
"And what about our relation kakashi?" Hinata said sternly.
Their relation was yet to be doomed too...right!
Kakashi kept silent.
"I know you never loved anyone but Rin...but using me and her...you are so selfish..." hinata stood up and decided to walk away when kakashi forcefully pulled her towards him and kissed her roughly.
"I'd wait for your answer-nata" he said and by that he went away.

"You look so gloomy" a voice took gaara's out of his thoughts as he was roaming the village with no destination.
He knew this voice.
Gaara looked up and saw the uchiha was standing on a tree branch when he landed on his feet, and sat beside gaara on the bench.
Gaara sighed, but didn't say a word.
"I thought you are a sore loser like naruto..Ne?" Sasuke said.
"Some things you should give up already, sasuke" gaara retorted.
"Love...a dreadful bond..." sasuke chuckled.
"At least she'd be happy now, ne..she got whom she already love, right..." Gaara said
"I thought you are smarter than that Gaara" sasuke said.
"She never loved me sasuke..." Gaara was taken aback but said it regardless.
Sasuke got up and walked away.
"I thought you'd fight for what you want...Gaara.." and by that he left.
Gaara walked back home.
He entered his house to see Temari's waiting for him.
"I agree, on marrying but not sakura..." gaara said.
"Then...an heiress from our sand village" Temari retorted.
"Fine.." gaara said that and went inside.
He lied on his bed, starring at the ceiling.