5. Whats said can't be taken back

//India Reign POV//

//India Reign POV//

I was sitting at my desk in last period drawing doodles. I checked my phone a couple times seeing no notifications just some people going live. Damn my life boring.

The bell soon rang meaning school was over finally. I got my stuff together getting ready to go but i felt someone pull on my arm. I looked for it only to be the infamous Remy.

I shook out of his grip " What do you want Remy?" He shook his head " To apologize I guess"

Only incident I could think of was 2 weeks ago but then I remembered him tryna call me out in the hallway yesterday but, you know how that went. Demari popped up and handled it. Can't stand him sometimes always where i'm at.

I talked to him later that day at school and told him I can handle myself and he just said "Whatever ma your welcome." and just walked off and I stood there shocked and continued with my day. Like really who does this nigga think he is cocky motherfucker.

"Its cool Remy just leave me alone or next time I'm tasing you. You tryna be a clown coming for the wrong person."  

He said "Okay just tell Demari I apologized to you. I dont want no smoke we all good . okay?"

I thought for a second Whimp ass nigga don't want no smoke smirking as I rolled my eyes mentally towards Demari than said " Yea whatever."

After that I walked away he gone make me late to get my brother for some bullshit. I left the school heading to get him. While walking I played "leave em alone" by Layton Greene getting in my zone.

I sung, "I can't leave em alone tried to change my ways but, the dopeboy turning me on, trap niggas know what I want..."

Once I got Josh we started walking home just talking when an all black audi pulled up beside me with there window down. I didn't look at first but then I heard that deep, familiar but kind of annoying voice

Demari spoke  " I can give you a ride to wherever you need to go ma. If you want?"

    While in the midst of saying no, Josh said he was tired of walking so I sucked up my feelings of being seen with Demari and got in the car mentally rolling my eyes. The car ride was a nice silence I busied myself on my phone looking up every once in a while to give him directions. Demari was bobbing his head to the music chilling back driving eventually he made the last turn parking at my apartment.

    Demari's little sister wanted to hang out with Josh and play on the game I was cool with it and let them come in.

           I went upstairs and changed too some leggings and a big t-shirt. I went back and set on the couch. I felt him staring and I spoke up about it but, I aint even gone lie it felt nice made me feel some type of way to be honest.

After a while of just watching spongebob reruns he spoke up and said " Can we talk?" I thought for a while not knowing what to say because what can he possibly want to talk about with me.

I decided to just say " yea I guess about what though?" to be nice.

He cleared his throat as I looked at him he had a fresh cut and a real nice outfit on man did he look good I thought immediately shaking it away once he spoke.

" I just want to say I'm sorry for how I used to act you know towards you. I ain't mean it. It's a lot more to it but, I ain't boutta look like a fool." He smirked

I looked away sitting there wondering what to respond because I wasn't that hurt by what he used to say, I was raised not to let people words affect me but I was confused what he meant about more so, let me test him. I smirked to myself.

"What you mean there's more to it?  What you said was mean but I ain't trippin like what was said can't be taken back but, we cool I guess." I said with a little sass .

He looked and just smiled " Nothing, nothing, but wassup with you where your moms or pops at? They at work?" He asked

I started to think about what to say all these memories of me and my mom filled my head . I started tearing up a little, I wiped my eyes and said " Umm nah they both died about 6 months ago it's just me and my brother in here"

    He looked shocked then said " Oh sorry I lost my dad too when I was 8 all I got now is my sister and mom. They who I live for you know?."

          This the first time I actually talked about my parents my Aunt moved a month later after they died and it's kinda hard talking to Josh so, talking to Demari right now is weird but peaceful actually.

            I decided to open up, " Yea I know I do everything I can to protect Josh. But to be so young he's always tryna make things easier for the both of us. Since it is just me and him he knows it's hard for me to be there for him and a highschool student all at the same time." I stopped for a second sniffling and seeing Demari look concerned "It's all good though me and him a good team."

               He was about to say something but, Lola came from the back "Demari I'm hungry an getting a little tired." He nodded and said "Okay.. we can head out I guess. Go grab your stuff and say bye alright?" She nodded her head and walked back down the hall. I got up seeing the time approaching 7 not believing we set there for about 3 going on 4 hours.

Demari approached me while I was in the kitchen wiping my face " Ight me and Lola going to head out but, here put your number in my phone and text me if you need me ma I gotcha." I nodded putting my number in and calling myself to have his number.

why did I just do that. I shook the thoughts

I walked him to the door and gave him a hug saying " Thankyou." He said " No problem and don't be scared to text me for anything."

         After that his sister gave me a hug and said bye they walked out and left. I locked the door and heated up some left overs for dinner.

Josh came down the hall and set at the table "You know... I like your friend Demari ...right? he seem cool." hinting at something else.

I said " Yeah he pretty cool." He looked at me "Maybe will see him some more." I chuckled eating some of the rice on my plate.

          " Yea maybe so." After we ate and cleaned up we headed to our rooms.

About two hours later I got a text from Demari

Big headed little boy
Goodnight see you tomorrow at school ma.
9:15pm

Night see you tomorrow lil boi.

Now you definetly ain't ending this conversation who lil?

You boy now go to sleep... I'm going to take a shower

Can I come?....Or too soon

No One worried bout you and no GN

We texted for lil while later till he said he had to go. I smiled thinking maybe he is not as bad as I thought can't believe everything you hear right?

*Vote and Comment*

So Demari and India getting a little closer we see how yall feel?

Let me get y'all opinions means alot