10. Ride or die

Demari POV

Demari POV

"Niggas will act how they act
But they want yo' place
Say that it's love out they mouth
But that shit be fake
So I been lookin' for peace
And beggin' for space
Lord I'm just a nigga tryna win
Lord I'm just a nigga so I sin" -Rod Wave

It's a close to 7 I've been driving for about 2 hours now. My high faded about and hour ago so I'm just chillin, India went to sleep on me so I'm up listening to Rod while I drive. We got about 4 more hours to go till we in Philly.
My right hand was originally resting on India's thigh but not anymore. She ain't say nothing so I guess she cool about it.

I looked over and saw a Waffle House sign from the highway. A nigga getting kinda hungry and I know Waffle House about to hit. I took the next exit for the place.

I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot to park in. I leant over and shook India awake.

"Wassup?" She said putting her seat back up. "We here already?" She asked

"Nah. A nigga just hungry." I said. She looked out the window and saw the Waffle House. Her face lit up.

"Oh shit...the Waffle House." She unbuckled as I turned the car off.

"Yea"I grabbed the keys getting out. She got out grabbing her purse. Locking the doors we walked into Waffle House together.

We sat across from each other in a booth in the corner. I was scrolling through Instagram as India was looking at what to get.

"What you getting ?" She asked me. I turned my phone off and looked down at the menu.

"I think ima just get the all American breakfast joint." I said

She nodded "same but I want chocolate in my waffles" after about 5 more minutes a older lady came over and got our order. India was sitting there on her phone.

I noticed how chill she looked. I don't understand why I ain't never seen her with nobody.

"India" she looked up "why I ain't never see you with nobody at school or whatever."

She shrugged her shoulder then said " I don't know I just be busy dealing with my brother  and after my parents I just focused on school and life more."

"Oh true you just goofy I thought you'd be 'round more people ya know." I said tryna break the tensions

She laughed a little "I guess so big head"

"Oh here you go with the name calling. How you feel if I called you out for your Set it Off braids"  I said laughing looking at her head

"Ahaha real funny ... oh wait I forgot to laugh" India looked at me with a smirk on her face. Shaking my head the lady came to our table with the food.

We sat and ate for like another 30 minutes before getting up to leave. I went to the register and paid Then we got back in my car. It's still another 4 hours till Philly.