Chapter 11

Author’s P.O.V. 
Sonic was curled up under the tree, crying and mumbling to himself. "Why…?" He sobbed. "I didn't do anything wrong… I never have…" He said lowly and stuttering a lot since he was crying. "Why do I keep getting hurt when I just help others…?"

"You don't deserve it…" Shadow said softly and sat in front of the Prince. "You really don't." 

Sonic slowly looked up at him. "I thought… you left… leave me alone…" He was still mad at him for what he had done to him. "You helped me already and I thanked you for that, leave…"  He sobbed, tears streaming down his muzzle. 

The ebony hedgehog lowered his ears. "I'm sorry… I couldn't leave…" He hesitantly said. "I wanted to tell you something." 

"What?" He sounded hurt as his voice broke. 

"Firstly… I'm sorry." Shadow dropped his ears. "I… Didn't know what I was doing back then…" 

"You used me… You hurt me and you're apologizing… You're just doing that because you don't want problems with Aleena." He growled lowly as his voice broke again. "Just leave me alone… You don't have to fake that you're sorry…" He wasn't looking at him. 

"I'm not faking it, Sonic." Shadow said softly and tried to reach for his hand. "I mean it. I'm truly sorry." 

Sonic looked at his hand and kicked it away roughly. "No, you don't mean that. You used me… Just like you used all those other girls." He growled as tears kept streaming down his muzzle.

Shadow hissed quietly and sighed. “I never used any girl.” He confessed. “It’s just a lie.” He looked down. “I… I didn’t want to use you either…” 

"Then why did you…? You blackmailed me and you used me…! Made me do stuff I didn't want to… That I wasn't ready for…!" He sobbed and held onto himself tightly as he tried not to breakdown again but his voice kept breaking. "You're not sorry…" He shook his head. 

“I am.” Shadow kept insisting. “I didn’t… I don’t know why I did that…” He looked at Sonic. “I just… Wanted to… C-call you mine… I guess…” He was ashamed of himself. 

Sonic looked at Shadoe a bit shocked at what he said. "What?" He was still crying over everything that had happened to him.

“I never got any girl on the sheets, I just gave them drinks until they passed out drunk, then lie to them that something happened between us and that I healed them, except from you.” The ebony hedgehog looked at the azure one. “I like you… But I chose the wrong way to show you how I felt.” 

Sonic looked at him shocked and hurt. He stayed quiet for a bit trying to process what he just said then he finally spoke up. "You used me… Just because you liked me…? If you had just talked to me… If you had told me… Then I would have given you a chance because I felt the same way… But now… I don't know how to trust you… How would I know you're not just apologizing because I am a Prince? How would I know what you're saying is the truth…?" 

“I guess you don’t…” The agent sighed. “I brought this upon myself, you shouldn’t even talk to me after what I did.” He stood up. “I’ll leave you alone from now on. All of you.” 

Sonic felt heartbroken and betrayed. His words just made him feel more hurt and he didn't know why. The azure one knew it was better that way, that he shouldn't trust him but a big part of him believed that he could trust him and that he was telling the truth. He stayed quiet at what the ebony one said, not sure what to answer.

Shadow chaos controlled away and locked himself in the house then started studying, since he didn’t have anything else to do, and he wanted to get his mind off of Sonic.