4 - A Small Victory

It was around 11 pm and the boys still haven't made it to GameStop. It was almost pitch black aside from the headlights reflecting on the street. Les was snoring like my mom on a Thursday afternoon and Jack was spread out on the backseats of the car sleeping quietly. Mike was almost half-asleep while Nine Inch Nails' Closer played faintly on the radio. All of a sudden Mike swerved the car and failed the vibe check. He screamed like a total pansy and almost crashed the car, waking Jack up while Les slept through the whole thing. "MIKE! What happened??!" Jack screeched as he shot up from his slumber. Mike was silent for a moment. He finally spoke up: "Trent Reznor said the F word." Jack sighed. He fell back down and went to sleep almost immediately. 

Another hour or so of this went on until Mike almost crashed the car, again. A man was standing in the middle of the road and Mike almost hit him. Les slept through it again, but Jack woke up as Mike hit the brakes. As he woke up, Jack instantly broke into the song 'Buttercup'. The man chilling in the middle of the road waved like a hitch hiker. Jack stopped singing as he finally took notice of who was in the street. "OH! It's Nate Die, my pal from Spish!" Jack held Mike at gunpoint until he finally agreed to let Nate in. Mike, tears falling down his cheeks hung his head out the window and invited Nate in, to which Nate jumped right through the window and popped into the back of the car. "Jack!" 

"Yeah yeah, come on

"Yeah yeah, come on. Let's get back on the road." Mike said as he started the car back up. All of a sudden Les woke up screaming: "MY PAL'S NAME IS FOOT FOOT" but it turns out he wasn't even awake. The old boomer was still asleep. He's been asleep for a solid 6.3 hours straight. He rolled back to face the window. "Hey, pass me the aux, wouldjya?" Nate said to Mike. "Er, yeah sure. Don't play any trash or I'm kicking both of you out." Nate grabbed a hold of the aux and hooked it into his phone. It was quiet. Then The Rugrats theme song started playing. "GIVE ME THE AUX NATHANIEL. GIVE IT BACK!" Mike was using his feet to steer the car while he stretched back and tried strangling Nate. Jack bit Mike on the arm and tore a chunk of it out. Now Mike, Jack, and Nate were all fighting and all of a sudden Les woke up from his coma and yelled "THE MOTHERBLUCKA RUGRATS??!"