2.10: In Which There's A Message

391 wakes up alone.

          It wasn't surprising considering how well their conversation had went the night before but for just one split second, in the fuzzy haze between awake and asleep, she'd forgotten.

          Forgotten about their argument. 

          About Chase.

          About Connie.

          But the moment it came rushing back she felt it hit her in the gut like a sledge hammer. She fought off the nausea again, picturing the three of them as a sweet little family, and her as the 'other woman' who was keeping him away.

          The familiar burn licks at her fingers and she quickly scrambles onto her knees, holding her hands up and away from the covers which were undoubtedly flammable.

          "God, don't do this," she mutters to her powers, seeing small flames flick off of her finger tips. The 'sexy gas' must have completely left her system, allowing her powers to come alive once again.

          She tries not to panic; she didn't want to make a scene. If she lost too much control, it could set the entire building alight. She didn't want the others to find out she was so pathetic she couldn't even control her ability.

          "Stop. C'mon. I'm okay. I'm fine," she tries to convince herself, taking deep breaths.

          It takes a while but the flames eventually dimmer and die. She collapses back against the bed with a sigh of relief. As nervous as she'd been at the thought of accidentally causing a fire...she can't deny the rush it gave her using her powers once again.

          She would even go as far to say she'd missed them.

          A light tap at her door makes her jump.

          391 clears her throat. "Uh, yeah?"

          The broken door scrapes along the floor thanks to the broken hinge which was yet to be repaired. 391 winces at the noise. Danny's head pops through the opening.

          "Jheez, that sound is horrible. Want me to fix it for you?" Danny offers kindly.

          391 smiles, thankful, but shakes her head. "It's okay. I'm sure you've got much better things to do than fix my door," she jokes, throwing the covers off her and sliding off the bed. "Thank you, though. You can come in," she adds when her friend remains behind the door.

          Danny gives a sheepish grin but does just that; her expression morphing into a grimace when she has to hear the sound of scrapping again as she closes the door behind her. "Yeah – screw that. I'm fixing this door."

          391 giggles and searches through the blue locker for some clothes to replace her black shorts and red vest top she'd worn to bed.

          "Wear those baby blue trousers," Danny tells her, pointing as she takes a seat on the edge of the bed. "And that white top - actually no!" She gasps excitedly. "A white shirt! Tuck it in and keep in unbuttoned enough to show a bit of boob. Trust me."

          391 can't help but laugh. Fashion advice? It felt so surreal considering everything she'd been through. But she appreciated it. It made her feel normal. "Alright. I trust you." She takes out the two items in question, along with a white thong and black bra. "Do you mind if I...?"

          "No, no. Go ahead."

          "Great." It didn't cause her any concern having Danny in the room while she got changed. Although she couldn't say it was simply because she was another woman. She wouldn't like to get dressed in front of Flytrap. It's because it was Danny, and Danny was steadily becoming her best friend.