19

Month 5 - Week 18

3rd Person POV

Today was the day the young couple- along with their 5 hyungs- have awaited so long for. Today, jeongguk was going to have his ultrasound and there was a big possibility that he could find out the gender of their baby. Although, the hyungs will only be able to find out two months from then.

Taehyung quietly stepped into their shared bedroom, stealthily walking over to the bed and peeking at his sleeping boyfriend. Jeongguk was sleeping comfortably, wrapped up in the blankets, lips pouted, hair tousled, long eyelashes resting on the apple of his cheeks, and one arm wrapping protectively over his bump.

Taehyung found jeongguk adorable, and that was an understatement. Taehyung pulled out his phone to take a few photos- or two- while admiring his gorgeous boyfriend before starting his task of waking the male up.

He tapped the pregnant male's shoulder before slowly shaking his body, praying that he'll wake up in a good mood. Not long after, the sleeping male shifted and stretched out his tired arms before his eyes fluttered open.

Taehyung offered his signature boxy smile before pecking the younger on the lips and greeting him a good morning. Jeongguk smiled softly, showing off his bunny teeth and sitting up with the help of his lover. Taehyung sat down next to him, pulling the younger against his chest and locking their hands together.

"Do you know what day it is today ?" He asked. Jeongguk looked up at him and giggled, "Of course, I know. Today we're gonna find out the gender of our little angel."

Taehyung brought up their intertwined hands and kissed jeongguk's pale ones. They both got out of bed and started getting ready for the day.

"Tae, i'm really nervous." Jeongguk spoke quietly. Taehyung squeezed his pregnant boyfriend's hand for reassurance. "Don't worry. Everything's going to be alright, love."

Jeongguk nodded, ".. I know"

They waited in the waiting room before jeongguk's name was being called,
"Jeon jeongguk," the nurse called. The couple stood up and walked over to her. She sent them a warm smile, "Doctor Yoon is ready to see you."

They thanked her and went down the hallway to the maternity area and stopped in front of Doctor Yoon's (jeongguk's now, private obgyn) office and knocked on the door. Once they heard the familiar voice welcome them, taehyung led jeongguk into the neat room.

"Okay. Can you please lift your shirt for me ?" Doctor Lee asked, eyes on the monitor screen that he's preparing.

Jeongguk quickly lifted up his shirt until just above his growing bump. Taehyung sat next to him, on a chair, holding one of jeongguk's hands tightly. Jeongguk chuckled, "Tae, I know you're nervous but it's not like i'm giving birth right now. You're squeezing the life out of my hand."

Taehyung immediately loosened his grip, giggling nervously and sending jeongguk an apologetic smile. Doctor Yoon shook her head at the cute couple and reached out for the gel.

"Watch out, it's cold." She warned, before squeezing some of the gel onto jeongguk's belly. The pregnant male slightly winced at the cold temperature.

"Okay. Let's hear the heartbeat first" She said and switched on a machine. She placed the wand-like thing onto jeongguk's protruding belly. A second after that, they could hear a fast thumping sound echoing throughout the room.

The young couple teared up. They heard their little dove's heartbeat for the first time. Surprisingly, taehyung let out more tears than jeongguk. The younger male laughed quietly and wiped his boyfriend's tears.

"Seriously, are you sure you're not the one pregnant here ?" Jeongguk teased.
Dr. Yoon smiled and checked her clipboard, "Alright. So, we've already measured you and weighed you. The heartbeat also sounds perfect. Ready to see your baby ?"

Taehyung and jeongguk nodded excitedly. Doctor Lee wiped off some of the gel before reapplying more. She swiftly switched off the previous machine before switching on another one. She carefully placed the transducer onto jeongguk's tummy and moved it around, eyes focused on the monitor screen. She smiled when she spotted it.

"Bingo !" She sounded. The couple happily waited and Doctor Lee turned the monitor she was looking at to face the young couple.

 -----

A/N

The chapter was too long so i decided to continue it in the next. Don't worry, i'll publish it very soon !

Btw, we hit 6+ K reads, like, Thankyou ! I appreciate everything you guys have given to me very much 💜

ㅡ edited