23

Hello ? I skipped Month 8 because idk what to write for that one, and i'm ready to just write the birth chap. So here we are ! Btw, i do not know anything about labour or childbirth so umm..

Month 9 - Week 40

3rd Person POV

Jeongguk was sat on the big comfy couch in the living room, nervously fiddling his fingers. This was because it was possibly his final day of pregnancy and the baby could pop out at any time from now.

He had experienced braxton hicks contractions for the past week but he was nowhere near prepared. All he could do was anticipate the birth and pack his things along with the baby bag.

Taehyung and the hyungs have been taking care of him very well and he couldn't be more grateful. His friends have also stopped by a few times (especially taeyong whom has a newborn child of his own with his husband jaehyun).

[4:21 AM, 1st September]

Jeongguk bit his lips in pain, tugging at them, hands flying to grip his hard stomach. He had woken up a little over half an hour ago due to a contraction. Considering this was the second one, and it hurt A LOT, he finally decided to wake up his sleeping boyfriend.

Taehyung sat up and stared at the pregnant male in concern, turning on the lamps in the process. "Are you okay, darling ?" his voice hoarse after sleeping.

Jeongguk snorted, "Not really. I'm kinda having contractions here."

After recovering from the contraction, jeongguk informed taehyung of how far apart they were and the level of pain. Taehyung called the hospital in advance, just in case they had to rush over immediately.

"Hyung, can you phone the others ? Especially jin-hyung. He'll burst if we don't call him for the birth." jeongguk asked sweetly.

Taehyung nodded, amazed at how calm his partner was despite being in a great amount of pain a few moments ago. Fortunately, jin and namjoon arrived minutes after. Jin rushed into their bedroom and brought his brother into his arms, later handing him a glass of water. 

Soon, jeongguk's contractions were closer apart but he refused to go to the hospital, waiting for his water to break. He was placed on the bed, pillows around him and namjoon massaging his shoulders while they calmly waited.

Suddenly, jeongguk broke the semi-tense atmosphere with a whisper.

"C-contraction." and immediately, hands ㅡbelonging to his hyungs ㅡ gripped his in a comforting manner. He squeezed them with not much strength but no sound escaped from his lips.

Although jeongguk's face was strained, taehyung knew he was showing a lot less pain than he was experiencing. He felt bad seeing his boyfriend go through such a thing while he couldn't do anything but watch or try to comfort him.

"H-hyung. I- my water broke.." he croaked out. The three men shot up to help him. Namjoon got the cars ready while taehyung packed their things into his car and jin helped the youngest change his pants. Not long after, both couples raced off to the hospital.

"Jeongguk, i need you to push okay ? On the count of three,  1... 2... 3-" the doctor instructed kindly. Jeongguk let out a groan, possibly one of the first sounds of pain he let out that day. Sat on a chair next to him was his beloved boyfriend, their hands intertwined.

"Well, would you look at that. The head's out. Good job jeongguk !" The doctor praised as taehyung wiped off the sweat on the male's forehead.

"Now i need you to give a biiig push, alright ? We need to get the shoulders out, as it's the hardest part." Dr. Lee stated.

On the count of three, jeongguk used as much energy as he could to push until they were completely out. He laid back, completely exhausted as the rest of the baby slid out easily.

Jeongguk felt tears prick his eyes as he heard loud high-pitched cries echo throughout the room. After delivering the placenta, the nurses cleaned him up and made sure both him and the baby were fine. The birth was extremely successful, as jeongguk didn't tear during it.

Moments later, taehyung approached him with their babygirl in his arms, all cleaned up and umbilical cord cut. He sat down and gently laid her onto jeongguk's chest. Jeongguk let out a laugh as tears trickled down his cheeks.

Taehyung grabbed his hands and looked into his eyes. Both of them crying at the sight of their newborn daughter.

"She's finally here, gguk." Taehyung whispered. Jeongguk could only let out a sob as taehyung spoke.

"Our little dove.. and your birthday present."

 -----

A/N

Aju yikeess. What even was this chapter ? Anyways, she's here !
I originally already picked out a name for her but i've decided i want to hear your opinions.

So i want you guys to vote:

- Kim Ahreum

- Kim Seolmi

- Kim Yoona

- Kim Nami

- Others ? (Comment)

I'll use the name that gets the most votes so i'll give you guys a few days. Please, pleaaase, vote 🙏

ㅡ edited