22

Month 7 - Week 28

3rd Person POV

The loud pitter-patter of footsteps echoed through the decorated halls, awakening a certain pregnant male who had fallen asleep on the couch half an hour ago. He stretched out his tired limbs and carefully swung his feet off of the couch and onto the floor.

His boyfriend walked into the room, hair messy, eyes frantically scanning the room, feet tapping against the floor, and hands on his hips before he decided to leave the cozy room once again. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at his hurried footsteps leading into the kitchen.

Jeongguk stood up with little struggle and waddled his way to the kitchen where his spaced out boyfriend sat. He walked up behind the older and placed his arms around his neck, pecking his fluff of hair ever so gently, before walking around the island to make himself a cup of tea.

His boyfriend had finally stepped out of his reverie when he noticed the younger male sipping his warm drink in front of him, bunny smile on display with eyes crinkled and shaped into crescents. He unknowingly let out a small grin at the sight.

Jeongguk placed his cup on the counter, warm hands grabbing to hold taehyung's cold ones. The older sighed, basking in the brief moment of warmth before placing his arms on the counter, folded, and his head atop of them, lips in a pout.

"What's wrong taebear ?" The younger male questioned. Taehyung stared up at his glowing boyfriend through his long lashes. "What do you think my parents will say ? We've never really announced the pregnancy to them. So i really made sure everything is perfect. Or is it ? Should i check again ? Should we order more foo-"

Jeongguk chuckled, cutting off his boyfriend in the process. "Of course they will honey. Your parents are the most loving people in the world. They'll listen to you no matter what. I don't think they'll mind having a grandchild."

Taehyung nodded, sending the male a toothy grin and agreeing with his boyfriend. Jeongguk giggled after a while, "You always make it sound like you're the pregnant one here.." 

Family members and friends kept arriving at the couple's not-so-humble abode, gathering in the cleared out area while enjoying the snacks and food that were prepared.

Jackson and bambam walked up to the couple, drinks in hand.
"Congratulations you two. I can't believe you didn't tell me earlier, gguk" Jackson whined. The two laughed. 

(A/N: it's not a kpop fanfic without jackson in it.)

Moments later, more familiar faces came in. The young couple spotted them and padded their way towards them. Taehyung's mom, Kahi, looked at her son expectantly, before engulfing him in a hug, catching the said male by surprise.

"Ohh, i can't believe it. I'm finally going to have grandchildren !" She gushed happily. She averted her gaze towards jeongguk who was sheepishly smiling at his parents during their conversation together.

Suddenly, both of their mothers stood side by side, squealing at his baby bump. They made comments along the lines of, "Oh ! You're practically glowing" "You look so adorable with that bump" "My grandchild is going to be gorgeous" and much more. Jeongguk could only bashfully thank them for the compliments.

After socialising with their guests and receiving presents from the first part of the event (baby shower), tae & jeongguk's friends helped escort all of the guests outside to the open, spacious backyard. Where purple and green decorations ㅡ  similar to the ones inside ㅡ were strung around.

In the invitation the present guests had received, it was stated that they would wear clothes according to the dresscode and gender they thought the baby was going to be; Green for boy and Purple for girl (because jeongguk refuted about the decorations being pink, causing them to change up the stereotype a little).

Taehyung walked up to the front of the backyard, scanning the medium-sized crowd of people. Quite a few people wore purple, signalling their votes for girl. He saw his friends and hyungs gathered together. Jin, namjoon, and, jimin sporting purple clothing while hoseok and yoongi wore blue.

Taehyung spoke into the mic in his hand, grabbing the attention of everyone. He could tell many people were anticipating the gender/sex reveal badly. Once he got everyone's eyes on him, jeongguk called up two of his friends to help them.

Taehyung and jeongguk stepped up to the middle of the backyard where a big beautiful piñata was hanging on a pole. Jeongguk handed Sana and Joy party poppers and informed them of his instructions.

Taehyung, metal bat in hand, told the guests to countdown and they gladly did so, hyping each other up in the process.

"10...

   9...

   8...

   7...

   6...

   5...

   4...

   3...

   2...

       1.. !"

Taehyung hit the piñata with all his might as it exploded, the girls bursting the party poppers along with it. Loud cheers and whistles were heard as purple confetti was littered everywhere. "It's a girl !!", They screamed.

Taehyung and jeongguk beamed happily and hugged each other. People still loudly cheering and congratulating the young couple.

Definitely one of their most memorable days..

   -----

A/N

Yupp, it's a girl ! Were you surprised ? Probably not but OH WELL

I just wanna say, THANKYOU sm for 8+ k reads and all of the votes. I appreciate your support vv much. Btw, please leave more comments (i love reading 'em). It's kinda quiet up in here.

Anyways, till i write again. Take care, I love you all ! 💘❤💓💖💗💞💕💜

(Except for srqh_a-)

ㅡ edited