THREE

"What's your deal?" I asked Emmett as I sat down beside him in Physics.

"Pardon me?" He questioned.

"Every time I come near you, you look like I'm torturing you. Should I ask to move my seat?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Dude, have you happened to catch your reflexion when I'm around you? It's like I'm some corpse in the neighbour's house or something," I sighed.

"My apologies, I didn't realise I was being so rude," he still sounded off.

I stuck out my hand, "I'm Annora Bane. Fresh start?"

"Fresh start," he nodded and shook my hand- I kept my poker face on, but I noticed the severe lack of body temperature when our hands connected.

"Darling, if I were you, I'd grab a sweatshirt once you get home," I couldn't help but comment.

"Why do you say that?" He questioned.

"Because you feel like ice," I shrugged and flipped my notebook open to a new page in order to start my notes for that day.

I could feel him glance at me the entire class period, I paid no mind to it, however. The teacher was rather boring, but I only had to pay attention for another month and a half and then I would be out of school and out of Washington.

I actually didn't mind the state so much. The rain was a nice change, I despised the sunlight. I wasn't the kind of person that hated outdoors, no. I was the kind of person to dance in thunderstorms and adventure during a hurricane.

I had impulsive thoughts, they overtook me, but this was more of a calling towards chaos. I was usually not one for chaotic situations, I usually stayed far away because I analysed every possible outcome and noticed that negative and damaging ones were always more prevalent. I could only think in logic 90 percent of the time and it truly bothered me.

The only time I could let what few emotions I had take control was when the weather was chaotic as it was almost constantly in Forks. I thought about how the rain felt on my skin. Not just a drizzle, but a full on storm. I thought about how my adrenaline pumped through my veins when lightening was nearby.

I felt a nudge on my shoulder and I slowly looked up to meet Emmett's confused gaze. "Class ended two minutes ago, you've just been staring at your paper this whole time," he noted.

"Oh, my bad. Sorry, you could have gone to your next class, I don't want you to be late because of me," I gathered my things quickly and stood up from my seat.

"What were you thinking about?" He questioned.

"You'd think I was absolutely insane," I shrugged.

"Word spread, you're the most logical person in the building, I'm sure it wouldn't sound too insane."

"That's really annoying," I shook my head and walked towards my art class while still in deep thought.

I sat down next to Edward, but my mind was still concentrated on my longingness for a stormy night. I brought my pencil over a blank page in my sketchbook and just let myself focus in on the smaller details of the storms that brought me the most joy. The possibility of destruction with the amount of beauty that one storm held was nature at its finest. To capture that thought on paper was beyond my abilities by far.

"Eat lunch with us today," Edward suggested, causing my pencil to drag across the paper from surprise. "Oh no, I'm sorry, did I frighten you?"

"It was merely a sudden change in volume that alerted me," I muttered and erased the excess pencil lines, "sure. Where do you guys sit?"

"You've seen us before," he noted.

"I've never eaten lunch in the cafeteria before," I reminded him.

"Really? Never?"

"Nope, I sit in my car and watch the World Cup qualifying matches," I responded.

"Fascinating," he nodded and then returned back to his own work.

We sat in silence for another hour before the bell rang. I sighed and picked up my things. "These days are far too long, how do you put up with it time and time again?"

He froze in his spot, "What do you mean?"

I raised my brow in confusion, "Don't be so sketchy. You're a junior, are you not? How have you dealt with the timing for three years?"

"Oh," he started walking towards the cafeteria with my following beside him, "it gets easier if you don't think about it."

"You see, that's the issue, though. I think about everything that happens, every moment of every day. It is not possible for me to simply 'not think about something' in order to ease the timing, it would just have an adverse effect," I shrugged.

"My God, you are the most analytical person I have ever met," he groaned.

"You picked me as a friend, you don't get to complain after you made that choice on your own," I pointed out in a monotonous voice.

"How do you do that?" He asked as he sat down in his respectful place, "How do you just come up with answers without even thinking about them?"

"I don't have to think about what I am going to say, I already know before the other person has finished their own thoughts. I profile everyone I meet, I know how they think," I answered quickly before sitting down.

"I could converse with you for hours without becoming bored," he marvelled.

"I'm a rarity, that much I know," I nodded and looked up from my phone to see Edward looking over at Bella from afar. "Do it," I prompted.

"Do what?" He questioned as Emmett and the rest of the family took their seats- quite cautiously, I might add.

"Talk to her," I responded and opened up a book on my phone while taking a bite from an apple.

"I don't want to talk to her," he mumbled and turned back towards his family.

"You're a terrible liar, you know that?" I said without looking up from what I was reading.