10|CC

TUESDAY 2016
MINHO ; 28
CHAN ; 29
HYEJIN ; 14
STATUS : FAMILY

Hyejin found herself feeling far too exposed standing outside the foreign house, the other man's supportive presence beside her not doing much. This wasn't the first time Woojin, her social worker, and little Kim Hyejin had found themselves standing on the front porch of a new strangers house. In fact, it was the third time this year.

Hyejin had almost lost hope, because no matter how hard she tried, many people didn't seem to handle fostering teenagers. Especially teenagers from rough backgrounds like her. They wanted quiet, polite and well behaved robots, never hormonal teenagers.

Hopefully this time it would be different.

The older man sighed, softening his tone a little and tightening his grip on the only backpack on his back filled with necessities that Hyejin owned, "If you want, we can go back to the car for a bit? I know they're good people, and they'll love you, but it's okay to be scared!"

She smiled, understanding that perhaps Woojin was more nervous than her.

However the 14 year old girl shook her head determinedly, taking in a deep breath, "No, I'm ready."

Woojin nodded in response, reaching out to knock the door-

Before it opened immediately, and Woojin nearly smacked someone on the other side, before physically having to pull himself back. Hyejin, also surprised, yelped back and almost backed into a little plant pot filled with lavender flowers.

"Oh! Sorry!" The dimpled man quickly apologised, holding his hands up in defence, "I couldn't help myself! I was just so excited to see you!"

Hyejin stared at the man, who couldn't be much older than 25, absolutely gobsmacked.

Almost immediately after, a sound of something smashing onto the ground followed by erratic footsteps hurried towards the trio, and Hyejin was met face to face with a soft featured man, his light brown hair messy and in his face.

"Oh my gosh you're here! Sorry, I was adding the finishing touches to your room and- please, come in!" He then turned to the other man, scowling, "Why are you making them stand outside?! Have you even introduced yourself?"

Ignoring his husband with a teasing smile, 'dimples' reached out a hand for Hyejin, "Hi! I'm Lee Chan."

The other rolled his eyes in response, "And I'm Lee Minho." He said, also reaching out a hand towards the young girl.

Hyejin, still shocked, grabbed both their hands at the same time, shaking them enthusiastically, butterflies bursting in his chest from excitement and comfort at the warm welcome, "I'm Kim Hyejin! Thank you for...thank you for allowing me into your home."

Minho pulled his hand back to grab his chest, gasping dramatically, "Oh my gosh- you're so polite. Woojin! You did not tell me how polite she was."

"Hold on- how many ear piercings do you have? They look so cool, I got some when I was in hightschool too!"

"Do you anything to drink Hyejin? Water? Juice? Milk?"

"Why would she drink milk? She's not four."

"Oi! What's that supposed to mean- aren't you the one that has a glass of milk before bed like a toddler?"

Woojin, who had been standing there silently and simply watching the whole meeting with a fond glance, snorted. Shooting a wide and fatherly smile to an equally as gleaming Hyejin. No meeting had ever been this messy and random and but overall, happy, before.

So as soon as Chan mentioned that they would give her a quick tour of the three bedroom house, before the three of them would be going to the cinema to watch the new Harry Potter movie (because Woojin had let it slip that she was a fan during one of their home visits)- Hyejin cried, following closely by Chan, then Minho.

Woojin rolled his eyes as he pulled out tissues for the emotional and snotty trio, already knowing that this time it would be different.

THANK YOU
FOR READING !

and remember,
you are loved <3

―SAKI
171119