9|DHP2

FRIDAY 2011
MINHO : 23
STATUS : married
(well, almost?)

Empty.

Perhaps that was the best way to describe the feeling both Minho and Chan felt as they watched the final scene zoom out, the background of chaos and destruction of a life long journey.

And then a black screen.

Credits.

Tears.

They weren't exactly tears of sadness (there was many of those throughout the movie), but instead they were tears of denial mixed with over joyous happiness. Chan tightened his grip on Minho's hand, both of them letting out the last of their childhood disappear with the moving words on screen.

But for them, it was more. It was the end of a chapter in their life.

It had all started with one stupid spoiler, years before someone even thought of the story line of the now world phenomenon 'Harry Potter.' But it was so much more than that to them.

It was there beginning.

And now that had ended, so it was time to move on. On there own this time.

"Fuck," Minho whispered, vaguely aware how unlike most other movies, almost no one stood up to leave. Insead everyone sat in their places, taking in the last of this experience, before they too, were forced to move on.

"I can't believe that happened."

Chan, lost for words, only mumbled out a string of words that somehow telepathically translated to, 'I fucking know right.' He tried to look like he wasn't deeply affected by the ending to a beautiful saga, but his small sniffles held a different story. So Minho smiled fondly, poking the others damp cheek.

"Aww," Minho sniggered, poking at his boyfriends cheek again, "You crying baby?"

Chan scoffed, rubbing his eyes with his free hand, "Do I need to remind you about my soggy shoulder? You cried on me for a good 10 minutes."

Minho hummed thoughtfully, "Hm? Nope. Don't remember that happening."

Chan blinked at Minho for a moment, before a soft and warm smile fluttered across his face. Fondness, as he stared in a amusement at his boyfriend of two years.

"I love you." Chan whispered, making Minho pause all of a sudden.

"Hm?" He asked, having not heard the other before.

Chan felt so many different emotions cross through his chest at that moment, he was sure they passed through his face as well. No matter what he did, he couldn't control his heart around Minho, as cheesy as if sounded.

"I said," he whispered again, a little louder than before, "I love you."

Minho's confused expression split into a bright grin, as he leaned forward to peck Chan's smile, "Love you too."

"No I don't think you understand." Chan sighed, standing up from his seat. Luckily, as always, they sat at the back, so he was not going to disturb anyone with what he was about to do. "I love you. A lot."

Minho raised a bemused eyebrow at the other, watching at he moved, "Well I would hope so, since we have been dating for quite awhile now. Also where are you going?"

Minho made a movement to stand up as well, when Chan suddenly pushed him back down by his shoulders. He looked nervous all of a sudden, and even through the darkness of the theater, Minho could just about make out the red tips of the others ears.

"Chan?"

Chan cleared his throat, stepping back as much as he could through their very limited space. The platform at the back was quite big, but only about  two or three feet. "Well...I love you."

"Right." Minho said, "I love you too?"

"And well- I want to be able to say that to you forever. These two years with you have been the best years of my life, and I can't wait for more to come. We'll probably have our ups and downs, and maybe even run into problems we can't always solve- but there isn't anyone I'd rather power through them...than with you. So..." he nervously rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, the other reaching into his jacket pocket.

"So I know objects don't mean much, and technically it isn't legal yet...but I would...if you want to that is...that we..."

By the time Chan had time to pull out the small blue velvet box, Minho was on his feet and staggering his way towards him, eyes watering and arms open.

The next chapter didn't seem so scary anymore.

THE END

―03/11/19
its finished !!!!!
thank you for the support over these (very long) past months! i hope you all enjoyed this horribly thought out book. the epilogue is next, and it features a very special addition to chan and minho's lives :0 ?