Caps Off

It all happened in a moment, he was once in front of me, and with a second, he and my thoughts were blown away with the explosion. Everything was blurred and unclear, people were running away, smoke was covering the area, and eventually, I looked at my bleeding hand, which I couldn't bear and dozed off. Waking up from what I witnessed was as if I woke up from the dead. "It was a terrible nightmare," I thought to myself, ironically, it wasn't. It was challenging to have a clear vision in the first few minutes, the room's windows were huge, making the room look brighter than ever. I couldn't feel any pain as numbness was all that my mind could recognize. My right leg was covered with a cast, as well as my two hands. I had an oxygen mask on my face with a drip on my left side and a neck brace. I was unable to move or even utter a word. I couldn't remember what happened or how did I end up being at the hospital. My head started spinning again, and the last thing I was able to grasp was a doctor entering the room.I woke up again in the middle of the night. It was cold, calm, and quiet. My eyes weren't paining me as much as the first time I woke up, yet it was difficult for me to move. I called on Kate several times hoping for a reply from the door, to my failed expectations, it wasn't her who entered the room, it was the doctor."How are you feeling..." he asked as I interrupted, "What happened? Where am I? Where's Kate?""Maam, you need to be calm and answer my questions so that we can.." he got interrupted again, "I asked you what the hell has happened and where is Kate?" I yelled. He calmed down and stopped for a second as he started looking at the cardiac monitor, "Alright," he noted down the numbers showing on the screen, "A terrorist explosion happened to attack the Bernard mansion. Apparently, they were caught before they reached their targeted destination. Hence the explosion took place in the street that they were being chased at."The moment he mentioned the Bernard family, I remembered that I was with Seth. Tears rounded up in my eyes as I started feeling unsteady again. A considerable weight accumulated over my head that I began chocking and shaking like a dead fish. Immediately, the doctor called upon the nurses and injected me to instantly fall asleep."Seth?" I murmured as I laid my eyes on Kate and Toby, who were standing above my head. "How are you feeling?" Kate asked with extreme fear. "What happened to Seth?" I asked without being answered again. "It's good to know that you made it alive from that deadly explosion," Toby added as he excused himself out of the room. "Is he dead?" I tried moving my heavy hands towards Kate. "I need you to be in full strength for him to be okay," she started brushing my hair while her tears were filling her cheeks, "you look better today, the bruises are going off from your face."I woke up again, not knowing how did I sleep in the first place. Kate was gone, and it was another lonely night, the difference was that I didn't have my hands covered with a cast anymore. I could see bruises left on my side, as they were terribly burnt, but they were treatable. I didn't have any drip in my hand, and I was able to walk myself to the mirror. To my surprise, I saw that my right eye was bruised and above my left eyebrow was stitched, not knowing what was hidden under my cervical collar. Walking on a casted leg was difficult on its own, especially that my body felt extremely heavy for lying in bed for too long. A nurse came into the room and called immediately for me to sit back. I refused and demanded my need to walk around the corridors, as I was feeling miserable. With the doctor's confirmation, I was given crutches to have a walk assisted by the nurse. "What happened?" I asked as I adjusted myself to the crutches. "You were injured by the explosion, as the doctor said," she replied."How many people were injured?""Around 50,""How many were dead?""3 so far," she disappointedly answered as she sighed."All of them are in this hospital?""Most of came to this hospital, some of them are already cured,""Cured? How long have I been here?""Around 3 weeks. You stayed in a short term coma for a week, and in the other 2 weeks, you were mostly on the sleeping drips for you not to suffer from the pain."I stopped for a second in the middle of the corridor as she said that, "3 weeks?" I asked as I felt something falling upon my head. "Seth," I uttered, "Seth was with me!""Who are you talking about?""Seth Bernard was with me, where is he?"Her face was colored as I said his name, pretending that she had no idea about the person I mentioned to her. I kept on walking to the reception of my floor, hoping that he was alright. She tried to stop me and promised that she had no idea of who I was talking about. I went back to my room and called Kate to come and pick me up as I was fed up from staying alone in the hospital. I had nothing to do but wait for her, but I ended up falling asleep.