Merry Christmas

"Merry Christmas, fair lady!" I woke up into Sasha running in exhilaration. "I'll be spending the day at the bookshop today, will you pass by me today?"

"No dear, I shall be busy with few documents to submit to the headquarters. I will finish and see you at my place. Merry Christmas." I walked towards her at the door, landed her a kiss, and watched her walk away. I went to get a new haircut, the same style, just even more layers added and trimmed. I thought of getting a new hair color, but I found that having blonde medium-layered hair suited me the best. I went back to my apartment, finished a pile of papers to be submitted, and to my surprise, I got a knock on my door. It was a red box left in front of my door, without any name or address. I looked around, seeking to find any trace of someone being there, but I couldn't. I calmly took the delivered box into my bare hands, and with full controlled curiosity, I opened it. It was a beautiful light blue scarf that seemed to be worn in spring, not winter. It had flowery thin white lines going through its texture as if it was the smoothest thing I landed my hands on. Sasha arrived as the night did. Dinner, presents, and wine were ready. Everything went as planned, the spirits of Christmas touched by love, the warmth of our intimacy, and the sympathy that lay within us. All of it was balanced, cherished, and lived.

"Snowglobes!" Sasha giggled as she opened her first present.

"Do you like it?" I asked as I was standing and drawing circles on my glass of wine.

"I - this is the first snowglobe I ever have!" Sasha replied, looking up to me.

"Well then," I moved my hand through her hair, "you'll start collecting more, deal?"

Sasha's smile was full and bright. She knew how to be a delightful girl filled with merry. She certainly knew how to get into my heart and head.

"That's a nice sweater! And look! The snowglobe, sweater, and even a violin! Are you! Oh my... I am speechless!" Sasha jumped out of her place and ran to my arms.

"I knew you liked the violin, do you know how to play it?"

"It's difficult to play, but I read and heard a lot about it."

"I'd love to hear from you then one day. Come, let's have dinner."

Sasha and I talked about a lot about both of our pasts. She knew that after Seth's death, I became a new person. All the energy I had in me was long gone, it was sucked away with his life. Even though I kept the same hairstyle, I still looked older than my true age, and that was something Sasha realized but never commented on. After dinner, we watched a movie together, then washed all the dishes while hearing Sasha play the Violin. It was the first night Sasha and I had no words to share before bed, as all we had was love, expressions, and fantasies. The next morning, I woke up feeling Sasha in my arms. The bookshop was closed on that day, so she and I decided to go and spend the day in London. It took us two hours to reach the Museum of London, which was a wonderment for Sasha. We then went to Daunt Books, a bookstore that held a universe of books on its shelves. It was breathtaking for both of us to explore and buy books from London that our bookstore didn't have. 'Gone With The Wind' was the romance book that got Sasha's hands on it. 'Wuthering Heights' was what I chose to read: a romantic tragedy. We had dinner at 'The Ledbury' restaurant and spent the night walking on the streets and enjoying the beautiful London lights reflecting on the windows of the buildings. We spent our night at 'The Tower' hotel, which was near London's bridge. There was an Opera Event going on late in the evening, we enjoyed the passion in it, got back to our room, and slept in amusement of the day. The next morning, Sasha and I left early to pursue our on-hold work. I dropped her at the bookshop and walked back to my place. I missed the smell of the apartment, even though I only left it for one day. I finished showering, rolled myself into the towel, and got out to get dressed. I heard a weird knock on my door, yet I thought it was none other than Sasha at her break time. I giggled as I was running to open the door, and to my surprise, it was none other than him: Henry.