Apartments

Sasha and I built an intrinsic sense of friendship, harmony, and warmth that I never thought I would have after Seth's death. I commenced my new job at the beginning of December, and ever since then, Sasha has been practicing her stay at the bookshop. I got a downpayment, luckily, and with it, I spent the whole month arranging for Christmas, getting new furniture, and buying new clothes. I decided firmly to throw away everything that reminded me of Seth, the competition, and myself back in the days. Of course, I couldn't get rid of the bookstore since I loved it, yet the switch was necessary. Sasha moved into her new apartment, yet she lived on the couch, the mattress, and the utensils I had, with me. Sasha and I spent most of our time together; shopping, eating, interpreting, and learning. I knew what she fancied, relished, envisioned, and I also was alert to what she despised, rejected, and loathed. I admired fancy clothes while she desired the simple ones. I enjoyed bold makeup, at times, while she infrequently applied it. Sasha had a beautiful exploring mind and a prettier classic soul, all that she needed was an opportunity, a straightforward chance, to embrace and welcome her art. I was blessed to be her chance. On the 20th of December, Sasha got her early Christmas present; her apartment was completely furnished. A part of exploring the stores with Sasha was to understand her taste in furniture. I took her several times to welcome her suggestions about the house, little did she know then, that it was her house that was initially being furnished.

The apartment simply looked as follows:-

The short corridor had a green mat on the entrance. The bedroom on the right of the hallway, beside the bathroom, had a white double-sized bed in the middle of it, a vast white closet, a green bed cover, a green mat, and a green curtain. The room also had a huge mirror and a small vanity next to it. The walls of the room and the tiles were off-white in color. The living room had one huge green couch in the center of it, opposing the television. A vast library filled with Sasha's books was placed from the kitchen bar to the wall of the room. On the opposite wall to the library, right beside the bathroom door, was a white 12 chair dining table, not for dining, but for studying. Behind the couch, there was a whiteboard and a projector that was required for Sasha's classes. In front of the sofa was a small white rounded coffee table, which also had a green mat under it.

The bedroom provided simpleness and comfort to the eyes, while the living room looked more of a cozy busy place to stay in. It equaled Sasha's wants. The closet was filled with all the clothes she liked at different stores, and many other bags were left on the floor with shoes, accessories, purses, and makeup. Groceries filled the house thoroughly. New utensils were bought, and most of them were green in color. I wanted to surprise Sasha with something more than a house, but a home. Thus I wrote her a letter of invitation to celebrate Christmas night together at my new place.

Around 9 in the evening, Sasha and I closed the bookstore without having her notice any change in her apartment. We ordered burgers and bought beer on our way back to her place. As we entered, and for a second, Sasha thought she was in the wrong apartment. She was wondering about the beauty and the coziness of the place, and it was all evident on her face. "Do you like it?" I asked the shocked lady. "Wh- wh- you?" she turned back at me in wonderment. "Not me, it's you," I replied. "I didn't know you like green that much, but it suits the apartment. It looks way much brighter than when I was in it," I said as I went to the kitchen bar and placed the food. "Here," I ushered on the two mini-seats that were in front of the kitchen bar, "they can rotate too, and you don't have to eat on the couch if you don't want to mess it up. I didn't get another couch, for I thought you'd like to buy it yourself," I concluded. Sasha was exploring her room at that time. I followed her and stayed by the door, looking at how amazed she was by the collection she finally owned. "This is a lot," she softly replied, "I can't have all of this - I - how will I be able to pay you back?"