Chapter 5: Black Hearts and Battle Scars

•Alex's P.O.V:

"I'll take these down," Jake says taking the two suitcases.

"Thanks," I say before he disappears down the stairs.

I grab a shoulder((messenger)) bag, and I put my pillow in it, a flashlight, the 5 books I own, two photo albums, my beanie, my 3 belts, my straightener, and stuffed bear that used to be my mother's.

I put a few more things in it, and I zip it up slinging it onto my shoulder.

I look up, everyone but Jinxx left. "Ready?" He asks holding out his hand.

I smile at him, and I take his hand, "Ready," I say as we walk down the stairs.

Andy is waiting in the door of the bus, "You lovebirds comin?" He asks.

My face goes red and Jinxx takes his hand out of mine.

"I'm kidding. But come on," he says disappearing into the bus.

I get in, and then Jinxx does.

Andy, Ashley and Jake are in the chairs, and Jinxx and I sit on the couch.

I put the bag on the floor, and I don't relax, I'm still wicked tense.

Jinxx runs my shoulder, "I promise he'll never come near you again. We'll kick his ass first," He says smiling.

I smile back at him, and I look at the nearest clock, midnight.

I look at Andy, he fell asleep. Ashley is poking a sleeping Jake. Cc is looking out the window.

I yawn, "When's the next show?" I ask anyone who's listening.

"It's at 5pm, in...... Texas, which is 8 or so more hours away," Cc answers.

I smile, "Okay," I say.

Cc then falls asleep. And I get an idea.

I get up, and I walk over to a shirtless Andy, I help him stand, I don't wake him up, but I coax him into walking to his bed. I'm surprised that it actually works.

I walk back out, and I do the same with Jake.

I get to Ashley, and he slurs to me in his sleep, "Come sleep with me babe," he says. I laugh and I put him in his bunk.

I leave Cc be, and I go back to the couch, I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a few hours of sleep. So I fall asleep.

**3 hours later**

I wake up from a nightmare, my heart pounding, tears pouring out of my eyes, and I'm shaking. I stop my shaking, and I realize I'm on top of Jinxx. Embarrassed, I slowly slide off of him, but to my surprise he holds me in place.

I manage to slip out of his arms, and I go into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I take off my ruined makeup, and I reapply mascara and a black lipstick. I brush my hair, and I spot something in the bottom of my bag.

I walk to the bus driver, "Mind if we stop somewhere for a sec?" I ask him smiling. He agrees, and we stop at a little park, "I'll give you a half an hour okay Sweetie?" He says. I nod my smiling.

I stop off the bus, were in a little rest area with woods around it, I look to make sure no one sees me, and I go off into the woods a little.

•Cc's P.O.V:

I wake up, and the bus is stopped, and Alex is gone.

I get up, and I stop out of the bus to find her. Unfortunately none of us were smart enough to get her number and give her ours.

I walk into the woods, and I make sure I'm quiet.

•Alex's P.O.V:

I come to a little cleared spot, and I sit down rummaging through my bag.

I take out a pack, flip the razor between my fingers. I take off my arm gloves, and I stop seeing the boys signatures. I drop the razor crying. I couldn't do that to them.

I hear a branch snap, and I look up, no one. I put the razor back into the plastic case, and I put it in the bottom of my bag, "You okay?" Cc asks me in a soft voice.

I look up at him and I smile, "Yeah," I say looking at my arms, my scars are now visible, shit.

"What are those?" Cc asks sitting next to me.

"What are what?" I ask playing the dumb card.

Cc takes my left arm, and he looks at the scars underneath the signatures, "Alex, I'm talking about your scars," he says looking at my arm.

I look down, and I start to tear up, "Hey don't cry. It's okay, just promise me you won't do it again," he says hugging me. "Now let's head back before everyone starts to worry," he says standing up. I get up, and we walk back to the bus holding hands.

I let go of his hand, and we get back into the bus. Everyone is asleep. I sit back down on the couch, and Jinxx wraps his arms back around me. "I think he likes you," Cc whispers as he sits down in the empty chair.

But who could ever love a Fallen with broken wings?