Chapter 21: Needles

Chapter 21: Needles

•Alex's P.O.V:

"Is this really...... necessary?" I ask Kayla barely able to spit the words out. The last time I was in a hospital was because of Mason. I shudder at the thought of him.

"Yes Alex," she says parking the car, shutting it off and she pockets the keys as she opens her door.

I open my door, and she locks it. She takes me by the hand, "It's gonna be okay," she says smiling.

I fake a smile, honestly, I'm nervous as hell.

We walk through the automatic doors, and Kayla leads me to the front desk, "Good afternoon ladies. Do you have an appointment?" She asks smiling at us.

"No we don't. I was just wondering if we could get a test ran on my friend," Kayla says.

"Well what kind of test?" She asks without looking up from the computer.

"A pregnancy test," Kayla says.

The lady behind the desk looks up, "I think we could squeeze her in," she says grabbing a clipboard and a pen, "Just fill this out, bring it back to me and I'll send you right in," she says as I take the clipboard and pen from her.

Still holding my left hand, Kayla leads me over to some chairs. We both sit down, she sits on my left. I twirl the pen in my hand.

The form is mostly just basic information; Name, Age, Date of Birth, and when my last period was.

When I finish filling it out, I stand up, and I bring it to the lady, "Thank you sweetie, they'll call you shortly," she says as I go and I sit back down.

My leg starts to shake, it only does it when I'm nervous, anxious or sometimes for no reason at all.

"You alright?" Kayla asks me smiling.

"I think so," I say as I start to play with the pendant on my necklace.

After what feels like a lifetime, but really it's only a half an hour, a younger woman comes out, she's wearing a pink scrub that has hearts and flowers on it. "Alex Heart?" She asks smiling looking at everyone.

I look at her, "Hi," I say standing up.

She smiles, "Come on back sweetie," she says disappearing behind the door she came out of.

Kayla and I walk to her, Kayla is still holding my hand.

She leads me into a room, and once Kayla and I enter the room the lady shuts the door.

I sit down on the table, and Kayla sits in the chair.

The nurse walks over to the counter, and she picks something up. She turns back around, she's holding a needle.