Chapter 4

Chapter 4!

Alice was standing in the crowd with Walter, her older brother. The presentation of the "flying car" was over and they were looking at a bunch of weird tech things.

"Walter, I still can't believe you got us tickets to the Stark Expo!" Alice said excitedly.

Walter smiled. "I know. thought it would be nice, just you and me."

Alice eyes went down for a moment as the thought washed back over her. "Hey Walter?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think James is gonna be alright? Are you gonna be alright?"

Walter turned around to look at her, a sympathetic look on his face. "I don't know, Alice."

"I mean, mom and pops are already gone. What if you and James die out there, and I'm just here? Alone."

Walter sighed and pulled his little sister to his chest. "Your gonna be just fine, Alice. No matter what happens. You're smart and pretty. You'll find a husband and everything will be alright."

Alice looked around for moment. "You stay here Walt, I'm just going to go to the bathroom real quick."

Walter Nodded And Alice walked briskly towards the bathroom sign. She weaved her way the best she could threw the people but not well enough as she felt someone knock into her. she tried to stay upright but her balanced ultimately failed and she felt onto the hard ground.

Alice looked up and saw a man. He was very small and thin. Not a lot bigger than Alice herself.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." He said and offered her a hand, which she took, and pulled her back to her feet. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there."

"It's fine." She said. "I was careless."

"Steve!" Someone called from about 10 feet away. Then a man came up behind "Steve". He was in a full military uniform, an identical one to the one James wore. So he was a Sargent.

"Steve? What happened?" he asked. "You just disappeared on me."

"I'm fine." He Said shrugging away his friends hand.

The Sargent hadn't seemed to have noticed Alice, as he grabbed Steve's arm and pulled him away. Steve cast an apologetic look over his shoulder before him and the Sargent disappeared into the crowd.

a gentle knock woke Alice. she noticed the lights were brighter than Bucky had set them before she fell asleep. She looked over and saw Steve standing in the door frame.

"Hey Alice, dinners almost ready." He said.

Alice thought back to the dream she had just had. That was how she had gotten most of her memories back, was through dreams. Although sometimes things like names or random details she'd remember, the full memories she got in dreams. Sometimes she'd relive something she'd already remembered, other times it was new, like that one.

But the men in that dream. Alice thought of the shorter man in the dream and looked at Steve's face. Steve.And FRIDAY had addressed Bucky as "Sargent" earlier.

"Steve." She Said, climbing out of bed.

"Yeah?"

"You used to be small. Shorter and thinner, almost like me." She Said. Steve stepped into the hallway and Alice followed.

Steve looked at her and gave her a weird look. "Yeah. I was. How did you know that?"

"You accidentally knocked me onto the ground at the Stark Expo In 1942."